July 24. 60 game season in 66 days.
Teams will play their division & the other leagues same division so:
East will only play East, 10 games per in league and 4 games per other league.
So Yanks will play Red Sox, Os, Jays & Rays 10 times each and the Nationals, Mets, Braves, Phillies & Marlins 4 times each. (40 + 20 for 60 games)
My understanding is they will play in their stadiums.
I believe the plan is DH every day. Consider it a good way to experiment, if it is hated too much it will be gone next season.
Other key points:
• 30 players on their active roster. That number will drop to 28 after two weeks, then 26 after four weeks,
• a universal DH
• baserunner placed on second at the start of every half-inning in extras
• Transaction freeze to end this week
• trade deadline is August 31st
• Testing will be done often, probably every other game
• Nashville may be hosting 2 teams of unsigned players.
• No word on the Robo-Umps for Ball & Strikes calls yet, probably not this year.