Mmmm...alcohol

After a hard day, is there anything better than a little alcohol and the dope? I’m having malibu and sprites. Just thought I’d share. What’re you drinking?

No alcohol here… much nicer that way really.

Well, I do likes my alcohol. But I’ve learned the hard way to only be a lurker when reading the Dope and drinking.

Seems to me Like the SD collective tends to look down their judgemental noses at us drinkers. I never really liked that about the Dope. But it’s not so bad that it keeps me away from this place. (Obviously)

Well, I work part-time at a liquor store.

And I drink - I may be a cute widdle girly but I like whiskey and bourbon.

So all you drinkers got some love here! :slight_smile:

How old are you? Five?

Edit: Hi there. Bourbon is whiskey.

I’m an unashamed homebrewer of beer, and fan of beer in general. My husband and I try to visit a brewery on each of our vacations. The week before Labor Day, we drove to Boston from Chicago to spend a week there, and drove back with two cases of premium beer styles from Harpoon Brewery. If I turned out to be/become an alcoholic, my POV on that right now would be disappointment over losing the fun hobby of beermaking.

That being said, it’s not after my hard day yet, so nothing alcoholic right now!

If I were drinking, it would be beer. But I rarely drink alone and also am currently on some meds and - although it isn’t prohibited - it may affect the efficacy.

Yes, but not all whiskey is bourbon. Mmmm, bourbon.

And red wine.

Right. I just found it strange that someone would confess to liking whiskey and bourbon, considering bourbon is a type of whiskey. I like the French and I like Europeans. Just kidding - I don’t like the French.

Speaking of bourbon, I have a date with Elijah Craig in 26 minutes.

When I get home, it will be a couple Hop Wallops from the Victory Brewing Company, but no Dope.

I’m a gin man. Dirty. Stirred.

But we bought a case of Guinness to make chili with, and that’s sounding pretty good too.

Pike Naughty Nellie Golden Artisan Ale. By the pint.

Well, I asked my husband if he wanted to go out to the pub, but he declined. It would have been a Blind Pig and a Pliny the Elder or two if we had.

But since we’re staying in, I opened a bottle of wine.

Tonight it’s 2004 La Jota Howell Mountain Cab Sauv. It’s OK, a bit on the tart and tannic side and probably should have been opened a year from now instead of tonight, but oh well.

Last night’s wine was much tastier. It was paired with pasta, meatballs, and a homemade tomato sauce. A little on the spicy side, and just easy drinking. The 2007 vintage of Casillero del Diablo Carmenere. I really liked it and expect it to be a regular on the wine rack. Great bargain.

Enjoying an Irish whiskey, on the rocks, right now. Powers, to be exact.

Dope will get you through times of no booze better than booze will get you through times of no dope.

Seltzer. I drank all my liquor up years ago.

Amen, dude.

I’m currently on a health kick. I used to stick with Jack and Pepsi One (with Splenda!). I’ve changed to Skyy vodka with cranberry and OJ mix. I think that’s called something but I don’t know.

RESULT: I cut out the major soda intake and am drinking healthy juices instead! Go me!

SIDE EFFECT: I now have horrible headaches. My friend says it is caffeine withdraw, but I don’t think this should last for three weeks. Right?:confused:

It’s called a madras. Yummy! I’m having a screwdriver right now (it’s not just for breakfast, anymore!) and will probably enjoy some wine while packing for my trip to Argentina tomorrow. Working vacation, but cool destination, nonetheless.

Also, when you see a thread called, “Mmmm…alcohol,” is there a reason to even read it, let alone post in it, if you don’t drink…just to say you don’t drink? Just maybe this thread isn’t for you! :wink:

Ginhead here. Something that I would like to quit, but I haven’t … yet.