MMMM.....Indian food :)

Well I am pakistani punjabi, so that being said, I would order butter chicken or chicken tikka masala, briyani or pilaou, naan or garlic naan or paratha, nihari, raita, chicken tikka or tandoori chicken, fish pakora and popper, mango or salty lassi or royal falooda, and for dessert I would order kulfi falooda or ras malai, and ofcourse cha.

This is the combination me and the hubby order at a Pakistani/North Indian restaurant.

Oh I forgot, the hubby likes spicier food than I, so chicken vindaloo would be ordered as well. Which I find is too hot.

I like Indian food so much I married me one of 'dem Indians!

Which is a darn lucky thing because in western Switzerland the Indian food is crap, and expensive too…

Did the condiment come with your samosas and tikka? Kind of liquidy?

Then it would be pudina chutney (mint chutney). It is mostly fresh pureed mint and yoghurt. The one my wife makes is not sweet, though I imagine it could be.

The other one they often give is imli chutney (sweet tamarind chutney). that one is kind of sweet/spicy/tangy. Very nice.

Heh… a friend of mine married Swiss chap a couple of years ago. She sent me a few photographs of her making chapattis for her friends there. Your post just brought back that memory :slight_smile: They live in Lausanne, I think.

A rather vulgar comment comes to mind about eating Indian food… :wink:

And damn, you people, you’re making *my * mouth water and I can just go home and cook it. YUM!

I got hooked on Indian when I was in England a few years ago. I could eat chicken tikka masala w/naan for every meal. (just ate it last night actually, and had leftovers for lunch today!) Unfortunately I’m usually too afraid to ‘branch out.’ Any suggestions as to what else I might like? I don’t think I could handle a vindaloo as I had my dish “medium” spicy last night and it was just right. Butter chicken sounds good too, so I might try that next time. Maybe I should try out a buffet.

I miss having cheap Indian places around every corner like in England, but at least I have one somewhat nearby (although not cheap).

I had Indian for lunch yesterday. Pakora, samosas, aloo mattar, and tikka masala. Yum.

If you like tikka masala, you might also like korma. Same sort of creamy, flavorful texture, with tender meat, but with a nutty aroma instead of tomato-ey.

On the vegetarian side, channa pindi is delicious, as is eggplant bharta. And you can’t go wrong with dal.

Your idea to try a buffet is a good one. Take a little bit of everything and see what you like. For me, it’s all good. If I had to choose just one cuisine to eat for the rest of my life, I wouldn’t hesitate; the food in this thread is the stuff of life. :slight_smile:

Rogan Josh, Rogan Josh, Rogan Josh…
Rogan Josh, Rogan Jo-osh, Rogan Josh!
Rogan Josh, Ro-ogan Josh!
Rooooogan Josh!

MMMMMMmmmmm…Gonna have to kill someone for some mutton now…

ROGAN JOSH!!!

Gahd luv them N’dians…

Sigh…Haveli’s restaurant is just not in the tarot’s for the next week or so.

But I could get some papadums and dal and naan and ??? on the way home…

And now for something not entirely different…

So I’ve been mixing my Thai and Indian a bit at the homestead…I made a chicken curry with a base of coconut paste and boullion…Oh yeah. Go there.

-Tcat

MMm, indian food. Unfortunatly, the only indian restaurant near us is mediocre at best.

We do have a few good local Thai restaurants, however.