Mmmmmm..... Guilty Pleasures

Not just in the fall; any time of year:

Boiled lobster, with LOTS of melted butter. You claws-and-tail-only folks, stand back and observe a native New Englander disassemble her crustacean and extract every last scrumptious morsel. Add quahogs and mussels steamed in wine and garlic, with lots more butter… YUM.

With a dry champagne or a robust microbrew to wash it all down. Extra napkins, please!

ok…sounds weird but it’s good!

Ramen noodles (gotta be chicken). cook it, add the seasoning but drain the noodles after. add tuna w/mayo and mix. gain 20 lbs eatin that stuff.

Chicken spaghetti…big downfall…

oh…and home made lasagna. I’m talking making my own sauce and meatballs…drool

Onion rings. Alfredo sauce and bread. Chocolate truffle pudding.

I have just discovered another one this weekend. My in-laws bought me a bottle of chocolate-infused icewine for my birthday. Everyone envy me. It is spectacular. It might deserve its own thread, it’s so special. Yum.

Veal. With gravy and tateys. Veal parmigiana. White Brats. I know… I’m scum, blah, blah, blah. I love it!

Salsa con queso (medium spicy) in the microwave, the little bowl shaped dipping Tostitos, and a whole whack of sour cream.

Or perogies with sour cream.

In fact, my guilty pleasures are all things I can put sour cream on. MMMMMMMM.

Well, ETF, if you’re going to toss lobster into the pot … (as it were)

On the same fork, spear a medallion of lobster tail (or claw lumpmeat), a slice of rare filet mignon and then dip the entire meghilla into melted butter and lemon.

An orgasm … er, coronary on a fork!

Vanilla ice cream with blobs of creamy peanut butter and chocolate syrup drizzled over all … true synergy.

Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. You did say guilty pleasures, right?

Italian bread dipped in homemade alfredo.

Homemade spinach artichoke dip. I can only allow myself to eat that stuff once a year.

You should try this ice cream we have here in CO, from Blue Bunny called “Bunny Tracks”. Vanilla ice cream with creamy peanut butter and ribbons of fudge through it. Probably something similar to what you’re describing.
-foxy

Cool fall mornings demand homemade biscuits and sausage and gravy.

Homemade onion soup, and crab and corn bisque.

Our local German/Austrian restaurant makes a zuchinni bread that’s wonderful. They do a chicken fried steak stuffed with Swiss cheese (and jalapenos, for those who can eat them) that’s really good.

Blue Bell Caramel Cinnamon Crunch ice cream.

Sounds like the Wienerschnitzel from He||.

I’ve had that, ladyfoxfyre, and while Bunny Tracks is quite tasty, it’s not exactly the same. The flavors are similar, but what makes vanilla ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate syrup really satisfying is the texture. My MIL and SIL have eaten it that way forever, and I thought they were odd until I tried it myself.

Oh, and I forgot a few things:

Homemade sticky buns. They’re not really sticky, nor are they buns. They’re cinnamon rolls with yummy buttery brown-sugary goodness all over them, and they’re 200 times better than anything you can buy. Mmmm … really good with chili.

Monte Cristo sandwiches.

Sticky rice with Thai peanut sauce.

Quick breads. I make three that are especially yummy: strawberry bread, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, and the penultimate banana bread. (I say “penultimate” because the law of averages guarantees that there must be one banana bread recipe better than this one, though I don’t really expect to find it in my lifetime.)

Oh, and one more thing: freshly fried plain glazed donuts (or doughnuts). No filling, no frosting, no flavoring. Ahhh …

I have lots of guilty pleasures. :frowning: :slight_smile:

I will eat almost anything containing maple. Those new Tim Hortons maple danishes… mmm.

Maple leaf cookies.
Maple cream liqueur in milk.
Boiled maple syrup dropped on snow so that it turns sticky.
Maple butter on hot French bread.
Maple sugar, allowed to melt in the mouth.
The drink my friend drank when he was fasting, which consisted of lemon and lime juice, maple syrup, water, and cayenne pepper… it may sound weird but I love it!
Blonde Maple Bombshell cake.

The very best dessert I’ve ever eaten was called a Maple Blondie and I got it at Boston Pizza. It was a maple-flavoured brownie-type thing (I suppose that is why it was called a blondie, because it wasn’t brown), topped with maple mousse. Next to it was vanilla ice cream, and the whole thing was drizzled with maple syrup. I tell you, it filled my mouth with EXPLOSIONS OF DIVINITY!

I also really like deep-fried ice cream with chocolate syrup… I don’t eat EXCLUSIVELY maple. XD

And enchiladas.

Oh! Big Macs. I know everyone hates McDonald’s, at least around here, but I just love Big Macs.

Still twitching baby arms, of course. :slight_smile:

Super greasy, crunchy fried chicken

Warm bagels dripping with cream cheese and jam

McDonald’s fish sandwiches with lotsa tarter sauce

Sourdough bread right out of the oven, saturated with olive oil

… I rarely eat these things however, these foods like to set up shop in my ass so I avoid them at all costs :slight_smile:

It usually depends on the type of mood I’m in. If I want something sweet I go for chocolate anything, or ice cream, pretty much any flavour. Otherwise it’s pizza & honey garlic chicken wings, cereal, fruit, or anything frozen (like slushies or freezies).

You “belly” (ask a hunter) a bag of hot pork rinds, dump Tabasco sauce on them (heavily), dump black pepper on them (heavily), get your cold beer close by an GO!.

French fries covered in melted cheese, heavily peppered.

unclviny

Fresh Cheese Curds (hey I live in Wisconsin, what can I say?)

Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs with tons of Old Bay (grew up in Maryland…mmm crabs)

Macallan 18 year old single malt scotch. It’s absolute heaven. Someday I’ll try the 50 year, but it’s over $3000 (yes, $3000) a bottle so no time soon :frowning:

Steak and Cheese Pizza. Dominos’o sitting on a gold mine.

DAMN YOU EDDY TEDDY FREDDY. DAMN YOU TO JERSEY.

Apple cider donuts are a NECESSITY in autumn, yet I was so foolish as to move 1,700 miles away from the New York apple orchard I used to live near. There are no apple cider donuts in Texas! I shall now cry.