Modern Family, February 5, 2014 -- "iSpy"

I’m starting this thread in anticipation of tonight’s episode.

I’m 420% sure. :slight_smile:

Was that photo of Gloria and Claire a callback to this picture of Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield, or what?

Anyone else get Hayley’s picture of Claire and Gloria? :smiley:

Very sneaky.

While I was typing! D’oh!

Nothin’s faster than Lightin’, eh?

Wow! It was!

I had no idea! That’s a neat pic.

“Were there more than five in the class?”

“That’s the first thing I checked!”

They’re really unsure of what to do with Haley career-wise. Wasn’t it just a week ago that they were setting her up to have a career as a blogging fashionista of some sort? Suddenly she’s a budding (and professional) photographer.

Manny: And there’s your title: Vamparkour.
Luke: I’m not hearing it.

I really thought the reveal was that she’d been modeling nude for the pictures, and that was why she hadn’t mentioned it to anyone.

Same.

Don’t sell yourself short though. Ducatis are pretty fast in their own right.

Was the final picture during the credits of Hayley with her camera based on a real photo too? I swear I’ve seen it before, and it was with an old-timey camera that you wouldn’t expect a 20 year old to have today.

Yeah, I feel like they’re all supposed to be calling back to classic photos. Reddit thinks that her self-portrait is a callback to this photo of Kubrick, but I don’t buy it. I’d almost believe Luke and Phil in the bathroom to be based on this but having the father-son moment really changes the emotional feel of the picture.

I think the last picture was just supposed to be a Selfie but done professionally and artistically vs. just turn your camera and shoot.

I wonder if they’re going to go somewhere with the “Haley has been taking a lot of naps” thing, or if it’s leading up to some reveal.

Being a lazy teenager? That’d be quite the reveal.

And I just thought it was a crappy picture, I didn’t know it was based on anything, nice find, people.

Any idea who makes those drones and how much they cost?

Here’s some on Amazon. Looks like they’re around $300.

And here’s the hi-tech glare prevention device.

That was actually a plot in Growing Pains. And Haley’s photography and fashion blogging are pretty connected as far as careers go.