Mods: Point of clarification about "board wars" please.

Anybody else run "John Peter Shindel Gobin Shaw’ through an anagram generator?

What? No?

Nevermind.

His name is my name too.

Whenever we go out

The people always shout, “there goes John Peter Shindel Gobin Shaw.”

I’d like to start a Board War. Or Board Battle, more correctly.

I still have an old Allen-Bradley SLC 5/03 with plenty of analog and digital IO modules, and I’ve got some nice catalogues of air-actuated cylinders, motors, optical encoders, and such. Plus I have some small acetylene tanks, torch tips, grinding wheels, and somewhere I once had a giant bottle of aqua regia.

I’ll build a cool robot that contains my Board - call it “Unasaurus” - and have it start slouching towards Chicago to find and destroy the SDMB server. I’m thinking something with lots of different attack modes to get into the building, fend off the waddling server admins of doom, get into the server room, and start tearing shit apart.

Alternately, I could make a belt-fed fully-auto six-barreled gatling .410 shotgun, mount that on the robot, and see what happens. Maybe I should make one anyways, because, well, it would be cool.

I’ll get the Verizon nationwide broadband service so my Board stays up and active whilst it’s cutting open the SDMB server case and pouring acid onto the hard drives. Because server uptime and reliability is important to me. I guess I could put a webcam on it so people could watch the progress, but webcams are like so 1990’s.

I’ll need some armor too, in case somebody with a fire axe tries to be a hero…or the SDMB team can come up with “Dopeasaurus” by the time “Unasaurus” makes it to Chicago.

Well, now I know who I need to put on speed-dial in case of an alien and/or zombie invasion.

I think Una needs a hug.

I’ve got a six-foot length of 2x4 with a nail in it.

Like you didn’t already have Una on speed-dial for just that reason. Yea, right.

Good stuff. If you need any more AB thingies let me know. I work at the place.
We could team up and be Una Sense, or Uncommon Person. :smiley:

Ah, but it won’t stop there. Soon others will build bigger boards with bigger nails, and one day someone will build a board with a nail so big it’ll destroy us all!!

My brother prepared for Y2K not by making sure all his software was updated, but by obtaining shotguns, shells, holy water, and other supplies to fend off the risen dead.

You think I’m joking? I’m not joking.

He’s on my speed dial just in case, but that was one new-year’s party I stayed away from.

Daniel

Ugh. I’m trying to quit. But I do have a GE Fanuc around in a box somewhere too…

I’m already captured by Fierra, sorry. That doesn’t make as clever a name combo as you suggest, though. But there are other…fringe…benefits. :slight_smile:

The person who wins is the person who dies owning the most tools and similar cool shit. I have a bad, bad feeling that with Una around I cannot win.