Mollie Tibbetts missing college student (allegedly) killed by illegal alien

I see you edited post #54, so I might not have seen any additional text you put there.

But after re-reading it, I think we may be arguing about different aspects of this case which may be the cause of the confusion.

First, here is Broomstick’s statement that I agree with: “I find it very politically convenient that this woman was killed by an illegal immigrant. But then, I’m not privy to any of the details here. I don’t know if this is a slam-dunk or just slim evidence here”

I see nothing about “frame up” or anything there, and it did not cross my mind that there could be. But that doesn’t matter to me. Because it IS politically convenient to people who are very anti-illegal immigrant for the murderer to be an illegal immigrant. Unless you are using a different definition of “politically convenient”

Ah, so illegal immigrants are taking murderers’ jobs away. :dubious:

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that left-leaning and right-leaning media outlets disagree on which stories merit the most coverage.

Do you expect Fox News’ ratings to decline as the result of their poor coverage?

By the way, do you happen to know which cable news channel is in first place in viewership?

Define “cable news channel.”

Especially the “news” part.

Literally none of this has anything to do with what he said, nor the topic of this thread. No one mentioned anything about Fox losing viewership.

What’s with the non sequitur? Can you not argue with what was actually said, that using this as a distraction would backfire on the national conversation?

And is there a reason you’re jumping in to defend Fox?

Technically, they are down in numbers over the last year. Though, so is CNN (by slightly less).

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/msnbc-democrats-ratings-cnn-fox-513388

MSNBC is doing wonderfully, though.

Fox News Retakes Primetime Ratings Lead From MSNBC, But Maddow Still No. 1
Forbes, here. Fox News Retakes Primetime Ratings Lead From MSNBC, But Maddow Still No. 1

Swan’s neck, girlish giggle, and mind like a steel trap, what’s not to love? Mr Hannity, is that your lunch? Maybe it was

There’s no denying that conservatives love their Tooth Fairy news.

Dwarves and elves, tolerant. Trolls, love 'em. But fairies?

That story is from 2017.

July of 2018, should it interest you, is summarized here. Key takeaways:

• Total Viewers: Hannity (3,365,000), Tucker Carlson Tonight (2,695,000), Rachel Maddow Show (2,670,000), The Ingraham Angle (2,613,000), The Five (2,240,000), Special Report with Bret Baier (2,129,000), Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell (2,117,000), The Story with Martha MacCallum (1,943,000), All In with Chris Hayes (1,677,000), Outnumbered (1,564,000)

• Adults 25-54: Hannity (623,000), Tucker Carlson Tonight (524,000), Rachel Maddow Show (511,000), The Ingraham Angle (489,000), The Five (393,000), Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell (386,000), The Story with Martha MacCallum (384,000), Special Report with Bret Baier (378,000), Cuomo Prime Time (362,000).

Mornings, Fox & Friends set its 201st month as the No. 1 cable news program in its timeslot with an average of 1.5 million in total viewers and 301,000 with the 25-54 demo. From 9 a.m.-12 p.m. ET, America’s Newsroom anchored by Sandra Smith and Bill Hemmer delivered 1.6 million in total viewers and 288,000 with A25-54.

Bricker you know this is a bullshit statement.

That’s because RW-ers only have one channel to turn to. The LW-ers are divided among several channels.

Combine the viewership of all those channels, and now compare them to fox.

The fact that any one of these channels can come with in striking distance to Fox makes them look laughably bad.

A distraction? Uh, no, this is an issue that’s been debated, argued, and ranted about ever since Trump became President. Or at least it hit it’s fevered pitch after his election. As to your second point, how could this possibly backfire on the president?

Both of your comments seem completely out of touch with the reality of what’s been going on lately, if not for a while now. In fact it could be argued it’s one of the main reasons Trump was elected in the first place - illegal immigration/unfettered open immigration.

It probably will, but only because people are irrational. They don’t shut up and multiply. They don’t actually examine statistics. They don’t fact-check. At least, a sizeable portion of them. The degree to which this incident will shift the immigration debate is the degree to which the American populace is easy to manipulate by racist demagogues.

I guess the OP wasn’t actually interested in debating that point. The rest of the OP is requesting an opinion poll. But maybe we’ll get some clarification now that he is posting again.

It’s not a bullshit statement. It’s a question, for which the answer is “Fox News.” This is a matter of clear, citable fact.

I think perhaps you’re arguing that my intended inference is weak, for the reason you offer.

But even this is not correct, because you mistake my intended inference.

It’s weak and bullshit because it doesn’t address the criticism of Fox News of that post and has nothing to do with the thread topic.

So enlighten me: What was your intended inference?

Just wanted to repeated my original statement here.

Now for the next few volleys:

I just want to clarify that I, personally, am not familiar with ANY evidence in this crime. I honestly have not looked into it. I don’t what’s been turned up or what hasn’t. I don’t know if this accused is a genuine illegal alien or is actually here legally (apparently, there is some dispute about that). I don’t know if there is or isn’t a “frame up”, or if so, who would be behind it.

It was my observation that, given the current administration’s stance on immigrants in general and Mexicans more specifically that it’s awfully convenient for there to be a prominent case where a murdered young white woman has a (maybe) illegal alien as the chief suspect.

I agree - and the fact that this might be a frame-up is even considered puts the current administration in a bad light. I don’t believe that would have come up under 45’s predecessors, regardless of which side of the aisle they came from.

I am also having trouble understanding your posts. It’s pretty rare that **Manson1972 **and I agree on anything, but in this case we do. What you said might be clear to you, but it’s not to everyone.

Mollie Tibbetts’ cousin is telling Fox News to keep her name out of their mouths.