Mom locks kid in basement. Kid gets loose, and is killed by family's pit bulls. WTF.

I agree. Grief can make people say very odd things, and unless the woman is a complete sociopath (which I doubt) she is extremely traumatized by finding her son in bloody shreds on her bedroom floor.

I think I said that. :confused:

But it evidently needs to be said more often, because some people just aren’t getting the message.

That was my first thought on reading about this incident- WTF were they doing with an unneutered male dog, of a breed that is well-known to be potentially aggressive, in a home with kids?

From the Chronicle article:

“Close your eyes and think of England”? WTF?

I thought, with dog breeding, that if the bitch was in heat, then she, like, was, and then they did it, and that was it. No? She has to have candy-and-flowers first?

And I also thought that if the bitch wasn’t, like, totally in heat, that she couldn’t, physically, do it. Period. No? She really can “close her eyes and think of England”?

People who have kids should not be breeding pit bulls. Or any other large dogs known for aggressive tendencies.

These people are clearly so clueless, they shouldn’t be breeding any dogs, much less dogs with as much potential to be dangerous as pit bulls.

There has been some aluding to this, but no one has yet come out and said it here yet.

I think she set the whole thing up. I think she murdered her son with dogs. She sent the 12 year old out, and left the kid in a situation she knew would lead to his death, or at least injury.

When Susan Smith murdered her children, the detectives thought there was something “hinky” with her reaction to the deaths. I see a whole lot o’ HINKY with this womans reaction and statements.

Here’s a case that occured in Charlotte, NC- I work at the hospital the boy was brought to. People from the ER said that the place was a wreck after seeing what was (literally) left of him. Horrible. (this was a son at his father’s house, the dogs were his fathers’)
http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=95098

Dude, she seems way too cheery in that video. Almost as if she’s in some sort of denial or something.

She truly is weird.

Tripler
I just can’t get over thinking of that poor little kid, tho. . .

I have a few questions

1. Why was a nine year old sent out alone to get the kid some food and video games?
  2. Why wouldnt the stupid bitch move her plastic bags to another room and keep the dogs in the basement?
  3. Why was there a need to lock him in the basement? If you’re going to lock a kid somewhere, why not just lock him in the house with full access to food and such?
  4. Why the hell was she locking him anywhere? Couldnt her father look after him? Could she not take him with her? Or doesnt her trailer trash beauty parlour allow kids? Does he have no friends of whose parents could mind him?
  5. Why in fucks name is she breeding dogs that get even slightly defensive. Here’s a tip, get something fat and dopey. Its less likely to kill your kids.
  6. Why does she own dogs like these, (refer to tip in point 5) ?
  7. So what if the male dog wants to fuck. So what if you want puppies. Go to the pound, people like you dump hundreds of dogs there every year, I’m sure you can find someone elses unwanted flea bags. Why are puppies more important to you than your kids?
  8. Who cares which do the police shot. You dont know for sure which one killed you kid. it was probably both of them. Probably because you neglect them, just like you neglect your kids, and they were hungry.
  9. Why would you say that it was Nicky’s time? Its your fault. You put him in that situation.
  10. Are you planning on ever procreating again? I should hope not.

Well done assholes. You fucking cunted up cunt heads.

I was happy to see the police take such swift and decisive action until I realised the mother’s name wasn’t Ella.

I’m waiting for the day when people are held personally responsible for the actions of their pets. Your dog kills a child? You’re personally on the hook for murder or manslaughter. A few dozen pet owners doing long, hard time for their doggie’s misdeeds will put a crimp in the desire to own the toughest dog in town.

In California, your dog can kill a lesbian and you’ll serve less than two years: http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/Whipple.html

Her statements to me sound more like manifestations of grief and guilt, not the shrug-of-the-shoulders “oh well, that pesky Nicky, never doing what he’s told, running off and getting himself killed” attitude. Of course, I was shocked, too, at her apparent callousness upon first read. But when I thought about her statements in a greater context, I could see how those two seemingly damning quotes make sense.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I think the mother is fully culpable in her actions and through her idiocy and negligence has caused the death of her own child. But I don’t think her statements are as damning as some of you are reading it.

People don’t realize that lots of times dogs don’t realize that little kids are people. They’re just small animals.

You’ve gotta know what you’re doing with bully breeds or, for that matter, ANY dominant dog.

People are idiots, for the most part.

Granted, people deal with their grief in all different ways and such, but that whole shovel wedged against the door thing isn’t helping her credibility much.

Not to mention panicky, dangerous animals.

It gets worse and worse… She not only left him in the house with a dog that she knew might be dangerous, she left him in the house with a dog that she knew might be dangerous and that had bitten him.

Some people shouldn’t have dogs or kids. I’m not so sure I would trust someone that clueless with houseplants.

Does she still have the other kids? She clearly doesn’t have enough decision-making ability to parent. However, with the dogs out of the house, they probably can’t justify any dangers to the remaining children… :dubious:

My family once had a dog that bit family members. Because of his continuing aggressiveness, we had him fixed. He was a pure blood Bloodhound and my parents had toyed with the idea of breeding him. But that was not important when considered with the safety of my brother and me. When just getting him fixed did not work, we had to put him down. He was an older dog, with a few health problems, but we could never be sure that he would not bite. For years beforehand he had been a gentle and loving dog, even helping in search in rescues. But once a dog has shown that he will bite, he cannot be around children.

If this lady would not do anything to the dog to try and stop his behavior, she should not own a dog. Many dogs that attack people have been trained wrong. A few others are just in pain and senile. Either way- they should never be in a position where they will hurt a person.

I feel bad for the boy’s family, but it is the mother’s fault. If she puts the dog above the safety of her child … I cannot think of anything to say about that which has not already been said.

Christ on a cracker. I said it once, I’ll say it again. What a fucking cunt.