Monday Job Interview + Nerves = Depression. I don't need this

A job interview for Monday.
Sure, I have a job, but you don’t get promoted in the State without applying.
I drive to Chattanooga for an 11 AM.

It’s been 3 years since I had an interview, due to hiring freezes.

The pay isn’t quite enough, but that might be negotiable.

But I’m very nervous. I’ve had long unemployed periods in my life. Job interview make my innnard knot up.

And it’s kicking my Clinical Depression in. :frowning:

I don’t need this self-torture.

I hate them, too. Just keep telling yourself that everything will be OK. All you have to do is survive for an hour or two on Monday and then it will all be done, and whatever happens, happens. Pretend you’re an actor, and smile and act confident. It’s only for a couple of hours. Good luck!

You’ll be great! Just take deep breaths, and remember that you’re an incredible find; they’d be lucky to hire you.

Get a good night’s sleep.
Eat a good breakfast.
If you’re wearing leather shoes, make sure they’re shined.
Wear something that you know you look good in, and that you’re comfortable wearing.
Knock 'em dead!

Good Luck to you.

I had 3 interviews last week. How did I prepare?

I drank heavily the night before. Then during the “lecture phase”, I kinda wandered off thinking how the guy doing the talking looked kinda funny while slowly rotating around the room, clockwise.

Maybe I’ll just stay retired. I’m getting used to it now.

Good luck!

Try to do some things to occupy your time and your mind so the anxiety doesn’t run on its little treadmill in your mind. Get some fresh air and exercise, you will sleep better.

You already have a job, so this should be no biggie. Just tell yourself, I am smart enough, I am good enough, and doggone it, people like me. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Your back!

Been years!

Welcome home!
:slight_smile:

Got that part!

Did a few miles on my bike this AM, & I’m feeling much better!
:slight_smile: :cool:

Drove 100-odd miles, shot down in flames.

Aw, well it was worth a try at least. At least you still have a job. Better luck next time and all those cliches.

In the last 3 months I have sent out over 100 resumes, had about 8 call-backs, 3 interviews, and NO job. Now, are feeling any better? :stuck_out_tongue:

That job was beneath your level of intellect and wit anyways.
The next one too.

You are one funny-smart doper. A credit to Doperkind.

I haven’t had a paying job in 7 years. Feel better?

No, because I feel sorry for you. :eek:

Damn, don’t let it affect you too much… I know, 'cause that’s exactly what I do, and I know that I shouldn’t. I just had a phone interview (man phone interviews suck) and I sounded like a bumbling idiot.

“Name an example of how you’ve recently handled a problem with a co-worker, what action did you take, and how was it resolved?”

Wanted to say, “er… didn’t I just tell you that for the past 5 years I work in an office with just one other person, and that we don’t ever see each other?”

What I did say, “Wah wah wah wah blah, I’m a fucking moron”…

Apparently, that 's what I must have said anyway…

Damn, sorry Bosda. I checked in to give some words of encouragement, but see that it’s already too late. Well, they don’t know what they’re missing. Maybe some beta blockers next time?