Monogrammed garage doors - do they do this anyplace else?

What’s a monogrammed garage dooe, you ask?

Well, it’s when a homeowner places their last initial on their garage door, like this.

It’s apparently quite common in Buffalo, New York for some reason … you don’t see it everywhere in the area, but I’ve never seen it outside the region.

Are there other parts of the US, Canada, or elsewhere where monogrammed garage doors are popular?

I used to see it here in Michigan, but not on that scale.

Usually it would be a smaller script type in the upper left corner of the garage.

Interestingly enough, I saw something like this just two days ago. Not a monogram, but the family name. In really nice script, in contrasting paint, the garage door said “The Nelsons”. I’ve seen it once before, too, with the whole name, not a monogram. Kinda strange when you think about it; almost gives the impression that the family listed on the garage door just lives in the garage, and some other family lives in the attached house, heeheehee.

That’s the most bizzarre thing I’ve ever seen. Why do I get the feeling these folks have a van or RV with a spare-tire cover with their name printed on it?