Monster Garage: De Lorean Hovercraft SPOILERS

A little early to start a thread since the show is still on so I’ll use a spoiler box.

I try to catch new eps of MG whenever I can. For the new season, they’ve changed the rules a bit. The new budget is $5000 and they can only have one freebie. I’m glad to see the latter change. Too many projects would’ve gone waaaaayyyyy over the old budget of $3K if they had to buy the free stuff they had gotten.

Something happened this week I thought I’d never see:

Jessie kicked a guy off the team for being an idiot by wanting to take the De Lorean’s body shell and attaching it to the hovercraft’s body instead of trying to make the car float. Also, Jessie accused the guy of playing to the camera instead of doing the job.

For good reason, don’t you think? Although,

It wasn’t that guys idea originally was it? I thought it was Scott(?) the loud mouth who wouldn’t stop talking. I agree with Jesse. It was completely a cop out to try and just make the hovercraft look like a DeLorean instead of making a DeLorean into a hovercraft. I’m glad he put a stop to that. I saw that they got another car and started doing it the right way, but I didn’t get to see the rest of the episode. Did they make it?

I would be pissed if I was on the team and Jesse clearly didn’t give a shit about the project. Well, until on day 3 when he did care and said everything they had done was wrong.

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen on tv. I’ve never felt uncomfortable FOR someone on a reality show until tonight. I swear I thought JJ was getting ready to fist fight that dude. Especially when he was like “You’ve said enough. Get out of here”. Lol!

I wouldn’t challenge Jessie on anything.

Still, he could have shown more interest in the project.

I’m thinking that we may no longer need to spoiler boxes, since the show has aired. However, if you haven’t seen it, there are SPOILERS below!

While I agree that the initial version of the project was pretty lame, I don’t really think that Rick deserved to get kicked off the team over it. Jessie abandoned the design team right at the beginning, so did he even know what they had been talking about doing? He was very negative about the project from the very start and made it pretty clear that he didn’t want much to do with it. I’m not sure why. . . Personally, anything involving hovercraft sounds cool to me! Regardless, I think this challenge sounds much cooler than the PT Cruiser woodchipper.
Rick really didn’t seem like such a bad guy to me, and I think he was just the scapegoat for Jessie’s disapproval of the direction the project was going. Like mornea, I didn’t think it was Rick’s idea to do it the ‘easy’ way. And during the confrontation, my read on Rick was that he was just trying to keep things a little light. I didn’t get the impression that he was unwilling to take the whole thing seriously, but that he was caught off-guard with Jessie’s wrath and he was hoping to defuse things.
I do wish they had been able to pull it off, but I think they were doomed from the start. I realize that the editing of these things can make a huge difference, but I thought Jessie came off rather poorly in this episode and he normally doesn’t.

Did theye fill it with eels?
(sorry, couldn’t resist)

Making a hovercraft sounds cool, but 'm not sure I’d want to deface a De Lorean for it (coun’t they use something less rare?)

Brian