Monthly Photo Competition #13 - Dec 2023 - “Cosy”

This is the monthly thread for December 2023. The topic this month is “Cosy”, chosen by @BetsQ

Please note:

1. The general rules for the competition are here.

2. One entry per person per month. To make the photos easier to review (and to make the voting poll easier to compile) please only post once to this thread, with your entry. Your post can include a caption with whatever info you want to give.

3. Please keep all discussion in the rolling discussion thread.

4. Once the submission deadline has passed, I’ll put a voting poll in this thread.

Dates:

Submission deadline: 9pm UK time on Saturday 23rd December

Voting deadline: 9pm UK time on Saturday 30th December

Good luck!

Title: Elf on the Shelf / Nephew on the Sofa

My grandson’s dogs, curled up for a nap.
Google Photos

Iggy in is favorite position- buried under his blanket in his crib. The only dog I’ve ever owned that likes to be completely under a blanket.

This morning;

The mercury hovers about 42C (108F). The humidity is stifling so the Apparent Temperature is north of 43. The mains power for this sector has failed, the back-up generator in the office block has failed, the aircon has been off for a couple of hours.

You better believe that we’re real cosy … and incongruous.

My Dad, about half my own current age, and one truly great kitty, Smudge.

Office cat
Imgur

I don’t have much in the ‘cozy’ category, and I realize this photo would be much better with a beloved animal in it, preferably lazing in the chair or on the rug in front of the fire. If it helps, there is a beloved animal snugged up against the leg of the photographer even as this shot was taken.

Also, yes, I need a rustic mantelpiece over the wood burner. Good luck finding craftsmen who can do what I envision.

Welcome to my cozy home!

Imgur

Morris & Nugget

Imgur

Friend of the family asked me to take a photo of her child, I can’t remember much about this - what lighting I used or anything. But it feels cosy enough to me, so here it is.

Imgur

Dagne in cosy repose:

Imgur

My niece after a bath.

My rescue cat, Raymond, living his best life:

Imgur

Imgur

They said it was a big cat. Anyway, the green carpet is lovely:

Imgur

As ever, click for the full image (including the fire, godammit!). Story behind the pic is in the discussion thread.

Google Photos

j

He’s going to get right on that novel he’s been wanting to write… just after this nap

Imgur