Monthly Photo Competition #8 - July 2023 - “Summer”

Imgur

Here’s my entry. This is from several Summers ago, when nearby wildfires put so much smoke in the air, that the sun was dimmed to a point where I could clearly photograph it. If you look at the full-sized version in detail, you can even see sunspots, matching what Sunspot regions - Saturday, 2 September 2017 | SpaceWeatherLive.com shows for that day.

Ocean, crowded beach, boardwalk, Wonder Wheel & Cyclone, too!

Imgur

I will be a sheep and continue with the “summer in Ireland” sub-theme. Our summer vacation included a sheepdog demo.
Imgur

The annual Victorian summer fair on Brockham village green (with the North Downs in the background).

Google Photos

::Sigh::

As ever, google photos has cropped it. Click on the picture for the full image.

j

And that’s it for another month. Thanks everyone - poll to follow.

I’m ready, man! I got three votes burning a hole in my pocket!

And I can’t make my mind up, but I want to do it quick!

Please vote for your three favourite photos, using whatever criteria you feel is best. All Dopers are welcome to vote - you don’t need to have submitted a photo. You cannot vote for your own photo. You get three votes (and the poll will make you use all of them).

The voting deadline is 9pm UK time on Tuesday 1st August 2023 (I’ve added a day to the original deadline at the top of the thread because it took me a while to get the poll done).

Let’s hope the poll behaves itself this time!

• Whack-a-Mole
  • AHunter3
  • Zyada
  • Mean_Mr.Mustard
  • Terminus_Est
  • Crane
  • Si_Amigo
  • Dung_Beetle
  • kayaker
  • snowthx
  • WildaBeast
  • Jaycat.again