"Monuments Men" clip: Use of "tasked" (verb) in WWII era. Anachronistic, don't you think?

From the list of movies in that link, it doesn’t seem to be that overdone. Not that many movies on the list, and the ones that are are mostly ones that I wouldn’t think many people have seen.

Are you sure? It looks like the Kingdom of the Netherlands was established in 1815 and maps I can find from the 40’s and earlier clearly show the Netherlands labeled.

Positive. It shows Flevoland, pretty clearly - Which was created after WWII. Not as in the clip showing the incorrect label for a piece of land, I mean that this land was water during WWII (and the better part of 2 decades after, for that matter).

There’s some military and naval jargon that makes the crossover into civilian life and some that doesn’t. “Tasked” sounds better to me than “missioned”, but I think they’d have the same meaning.

Saw it over the weekend, and on the stepping on the mine trope it turns out it isn’t quite as straight as that.

The mine has been in an intense fire and is apparently a dud and or damaged. They know that because it didn’t explode when he stepped on it but don’t know what might happen if he changes the pressure on it again.

So it is still using the trope, but it isn’t the least plausible version of it.