Moon Dust in Beer

Has anyone mentioned this before? Dogfish Head Craft Brewery in Delaware has released a beer containing real moon dust: Celest-jewel-ale.

From their website: "Celest-jewel-ale is made with lunar meteorites that have been crushed into dust, then steeped like tea in a rich, malty Oktoberfest. These certified moon jewels are made up primarily of minerals and salts, helping the yeast-induced fermentation process and lending this traditional German style a subtle but complex earthiness. (Or is it mooniness?)"

Has anyone tried this?

I think Cave Johnson ate moon rocks. Didn’t out for him.

No, haven’t tried it but I believe the operating marketing speak word is subtle

WORK out. WORK out. Gahhh!

The Dogfish Head guys are scamps (and possibly the only good thing about Delaware).

I recently did a vertical tasting of their 120. Four different vintages from kegs made in spring 2012, fall 2012, spring 2013, and fall 2013. After the first sip of each things got crazy. Good beer.

Call me a purist or a beer snob, but I see no good reason to include mud of any provenance in my ales.

Indeed. The idea is pure lunacy!

Well, of course, if you take the GEL form! :smack:

…but we’re talking BEER here. The … solution to all of man’s problems.

You can brew it with a stolen chunk of the blarney stone, it’s still rocks in something you drink.

Bad news for all of us if a werewolf drinks it.

But since Conversion Gel makes any surface it hits portal-able, theoretically if you spill that beer on a surface, you can place a portal on the spill…

Mmmm…portal-able surface…

Potent portalbles, as it were.

Is this kind of thing even legal?

How much moon dust? Is it so diluted that you are unlikely to find a single molecule of moon dust in your glass? Maybe they could put it on the shelves as a homeopathic remedy.

Geez, you could put a single tiger hair in a vat and say it was brewed with actual Tiger. How much moon dust do you think it actually in it? Not like there’s tons of that stuff lying about.

Especially if it’s a porter.

A homeopathic treatment for lunacy, no less!

Completely moon legal.

Assuming it’s not violating some food purity type of law, it is. There’s no law against private ownership of moon material (though NASA owns all of the Apollo rocks, and is rather unlikely to part with them for beer, there are lunar meteorites), and once you have it, you can do whatever you damn well please with it.