Morbid Q. - How many SDMBers have died?

:frowning: Sorry to hear about that movingfinger. I hope you’re holding up okay.

I doubt you’re the only one but I hadn’t thought to prepare one. I have often wondered if anyone belonging to me would know to come on here and my other online ‘lives’ and tell people what had happened.

Can anybody remember identity of the poster that died and the husband came in with the message board up? He typed something like I just found her dead, and she died with her favorite message board up on the computer. I just want you to know.

That one was a shocker. It happened in the last couple years, after I got back.

You guys already listed 3 people I didn’t know were dead that I missed.:frowning:

It was Persephone (the link was posted above :frowning: )
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=243208&highlight=persephone

Once upon a time, a poster who had a very strong and loyal following here noted that she had a last post, just in case, and instructions for who should submit it etc.

Since her departure, and given the details of same departure (a thread was deleted in which someone said they missed her, because her parents threatened to sue, if rather hazy memory serves), I’ve no idea if that’s still the case, but I doubt it.

Putz.
From before my time.

Wow, I stopped reading that thread after I posted that day and I hadn’t been back to read it since.

She used to send me encouraging text messages from time to time and it broke my heart when I realized I lost them in my phone upgrade recently. I’d been hanging onto them for years. :frowning:

Also, pun, the poster of whom you speak posted to my LJ a couple times before it was friends locked, years ago, so she was… all right I suppose you could say.

Wow. The tally is about twice as big as I thought it was. There are a couple of names on the list that I knew hadn’t posted in a while, but I didn’t know they had passed away.

This serves to remind me how much of a real community we have here. And even tho this thread reminds us of friends we have lost it is also reminding me of friends who have come back, like iampunha.

Ayesha
Barracuda
Dirty Devil
indecisive1
Mimi
Padeye
Palikia
Persephone
poohpah chalupa
pun

At this point (seven years later), and with how things went down back then, I’m happy just knowing she’s alive.

You’re missing David Simmons and Dr. Watson, and that pun there is me. I’m still alive:)

I haven’t prepared one only because I think everybody knows how I feel about them.

:smack: I typed David Simmons, but then I thought ‘Wait. I already have a list in the other thread,’ and used that. That list was made before David died. I knew that Dr. Watson ‘died’, but I thought there was some controversy about it. Can you point me to a thread? (And I didn’t know you were called pun. I read Rasa’s post as ‘iampunha: Also, pun, the poster of whom you speak, who is now dead and whose parents threatened to sue…’ Sorry about that! :o ) In any case, here’s what I have for now:

Ayesha
Barracuda
David Simmons
Dirty Devil
indecisive1
Mimi
Padeye
Palikia
Persephone
poohpah chalupa

Once more, with feeling.

The only controversy I’m aware of with any member death is that of WallyM7. The search function isn’t working for me, but others have asserted (I’d say noted, but I got yelled at for this once, and I ain’t sticking my neck out again) elsewhere that things were not as they initially seemed.

As far as I know, Dr. Watson died, and there was never any question of it.

(And I didn’t know you were called pun. I read Rasa’s post as ‘iampunha: Also, pun, the poster of whom you speak, who is now dead and whose parents threatened to sue…’ Sorry about that! :o )
[/quote]

Nonono, not dead, just not on this board as of about seven years ago. Far as I know, she’s still alive:) And I been called pun and punha for years, but I also been away for a year and a half, so no worries. I’m just not dead yet.

I think I’ll go for a walk. (I feel happy!)

Yeah, but it seems rude to leave without saying a few words.

Geez Louise. Am I the oldest one here now? 65 years and 1 month and 25 days

I think I’ll go lie down now.

Nope. Klondike Geoff still has you beat. In the linked post, he says he’s 81.

marque elf died last winter.

Missed my edit window: marque elf actually died more than a year ago.

I searched the 'net Saturday to confirm this, but couldn’t find an obituary or anything, if that helps. But I don’t know anything about A.R. Cane’s location beyond the “PNW” in his profile.

Ayesha
Barracuda
David Simmons
Dirty Devil
Dr. Watson
indecisive1
marque elf
Mimi
Padeye
Palikia
Persephone
poohpah chalupa