More music fun-desert island-4 CDs..

Which 4 CDs (or albums for us old folks) would you take? You have a way to play them-No room for full collections of…
Here’s my choices:

1. Jesus Christ Superstar. It is an excellent rock album and fairly complex.
  2. Beatles Red Album. Gotta have the classic Beatles-I never will get tired of them.
  3. .38 Special, Flashback. Good southern rock. Plus I just really like them.
  4. Cowboy Up #1 PRCA Album. Gotta have some country and this is a good mix.

Oingo Boingo - Farewell
Harry Connick Jr - She
XTC - Nonesuch
And a CD of Mozart i have, a compilation of many works.

Don’t let the loveless ones sell you a world wrapped in grey.

Didn’t we just do this?

Uke

Any Dead, only Dead.

A Metallica
A Green Day
A Spice Girls
A Trace Adkins/Garth Brooks/Clint Black

If you want specific ones, I would need a week or two to choose.

1. New World Symphony (Dvorak)
  2. 9th Symphony (Beethoven)
  3. Organ Symphony (Saint-Saens)
  4. hmmm, an Offenbach collection perhaps

I have nothing against non-classical music; In fact I have over 200 country, classic rock, and oldies CDs. I just think that any of them would get old fairly quickly, whereas classical music has more of a timeless quality to it IMO.

1. Appetite for Destruction - Guns N’ Roses
  2. Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
  3. Southern Harmony and Musical Companion - The Black Crowes
  4. Legend - Bob Marley

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

1. Van Morrison, Astral Weeks

2. Emmylou Harris, Wrecking Ball

3. Daniel Lanois, Acadie

4. Something by Bob Dylan. Right now I’m torn between Blood on the Tracks and Oh, Mercy, but then it would be a shame to leave behind the early stuff, too …

“Succurrite, succurrite, horribilis heffalumpus! Hoff, hoff, hellibilis horralumpus! Holl, holl, hoffabilis hellerumpus!”

finally, an easy question!

1. Blood on the Tracks - Dylan
  2. Joe’s Garage - Frank Zappa
  3. The Modern Dance - Pere Ubu
  4. London Calling - The Clash

of course this leaves off way too much (no Zep, no Sex Pistols, no Beatles, no Lou Reed or Velvets, no Replacements, no Violent Femmes, but ya gotta go with the best, right?)

Richard Thompson-Rumour and Sigh
Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon
Janes Addiction-Ritual de Habitual
Beatles-White Alblum

If I was lucky enough to slide a 5th CD in it would be Patsy Clines Greatest Hits

“Will there be another race to come along and take over for us?”

Sure you don’t mean the White Album?

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

1. Rush - Moving Pictures
  2. Beethoven - 9th Symphony
  3. Camel - Dust & Dreams
  4. Marillion - Brave

But I sure hope I can bring my KICK-ASS Rotel stereo along to enjoy these CD’s on… hardly any point otherwise :wink:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

kelli! The Spice Girls, you should be ashamed!

Rilchiam, I imagine he meant the Greatest hits 1962-66, it comes in a red two CD set. The 1967-70 set comes in a blue box. Add in the White album and you’ve got nearly every Beatles song you need in a pinch in a 6 CD, 3 case set.

Omniscient–Good God, can’t you ever make a post without a slam? You’re starting to remind me of TheRyan… hate that poster with a passion!

My top picks, these are my tops for what I write my stories and novels to:

Roxy Music – Avalon
Peter Gabriel – Us
Enigma – 3
Yellow – One Second

I think it’s the music and the lyrics… sexy, wanton, wild… ummmm gotta run and write more now!

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

You call that a slam??? Kelli knows I love her :), its the Spice Girls dammit, one should be scolded for choosing them as one of their top 4 CD’s. Since when are you so sensitive?

1. The Beatles, The Beatles. I’ve always thought the white album was among their best stuff. Even though it was made during a very fractured and unstable period, it has a certain feel to the production and an intimacy to the performances that I love. And yes, I listen to all of “Revolution #9” every time I put the album on.

2. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra/Sir George Szolti, ** Beethoven’s 1812 Overture, Romeo & Juliet, and Nutcracker Suite**. Do I even need to expound on this? I will mention that “Waltz of the Flowers” is one of my favorite pieces of music by anyone, ever.

3. The Posies, Dear 23. Latter-day power-popsters create a little known gem. Amazing songs, amazing lyrics, amazing harmonies.

4. George Carlin, Class Clown. If I’m gonna be on this island, I gotta laugh, right? A comedy classic–I’ve loved it since I was 10 years old.

In no special order:

(1) Journey-“Captured.”

(2) Gordon Lightfoot–“Gord’s Gold, Volume 1.”

(3) Eagles–“One Of These Nights.”

(4) Stevie Nicks–“Beladonna.”

Rich Barr
massivemaple@hotmail.com
AOL Instant Messenger: Hrttannl

Good call, Phil. I’m your hippy-dippy weatherman with all your hippy-dippy weather, man.

1. Kiss Alive
  2. White Album
  3. Roger Waters - “Amused To Death”
  4. Hollywood Bowl Symphony Orchestra. A five disk set but if the white album counts as one … Disk #4 (if I had to choose): Blue Danube, 1812, Air and Bolero.

Same as last time:

“Appetite for Destruction,” Guns 'N Roses
“The Real Thing,” Faith No More
“West Side Story Original Motion Picture Soundtrack”

Except now that I can have four:
“Tommy,” The Who

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

Omniscient–yeah, you’re right, guess I should stop staying up til 6 in the morning. I just get so bitchy! Anyway, come over here you big lug and let me kiss your cheek. Hey, not THAT cheek!

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.