More sovereign citizen goodness

I’m not sitting through a 10 minute video right now, but I’ve seen that video before and I don’t recall any mention of Obama or voting and certainly nothing that would indicate that she’s a liberal. I think the author of that article must have hallucinated that part.

For that matter, there’s nothing to indicate she’s a conservative. Although I suppose it could be argued that the type of anti-government hyper-freedom (I coined a term!) they espouse would be more in line with conservatism than liberalism.

Headline and article. The writer assumes sovereign citizens are liberals and thus an Obama voter. Hence the rolleyes.

ETA:Notice the website is “MrConservative”

I’d be surprised to discover that the sovereign citizen crowd were registered voters of any kind - you’d think being on that sort of government list would be anathema to them.

“Officer, I will not recognize your jurisdiction until you show me your design documentation”

BZZZZZT

This is not a safe work space! THIS IS NOT A SAFE WORK SPACE!!!"

Meh, I was thinking more along the lines of keying my asshole neighbor’s car.

Saw that. I was wondering if anything in the video backed that up.

I would really like the SD’s opinion, especially pkbites and Loach on the third to last clip (stand alone video here)

Long story short, driver is stopped for a “safety inspection” and he asks, “Am I being detained?” Rather than answering yes or no, the LEO says he’s just doing his job. Guy is actually rational and when the LEO later says he is being detained, the driver asks further questions to find out his exact situation.* From the perspective of a driver who is not an LEO or lawyer, it is hard to know exactly where you stand with police (we’ve done this millions of times with “don’t talk to cops” and “can police detain you?” and “when does a detention turn into something more aka There’s Something About Terry”).

Ok so driver starts in with “unconstitutional” and “I’m not obligated…” bullshit and immediately the partner* flings open the door, hitting the original LEO and yelling at the driver. While yelling at the driver he snatches the license & insurance. Driver eventually goes 5th Amendment because to be honest, there is no telling what Hothead Cop is going to do and the driver may feel he’s going to be dragged out of the car and arrested. Hothead Cop’s reaction to the guy saying “I have the right to remain silent.” was “Really?! Are you sure?”* Stop ends when Hothead Cop slams the car door and hands driver his paperwork back.

*These 3 situations, I would love to know what the LEO perspective is on the situation.

I agree and would also like a professional opinion on that one. Also the truck driver stopped at an immigration checkpoint. He was foolish in not complying once the officer made it clear he had no choice and was going to break the glass if he didn’t comply, but I was under the impression that mandatory immigration checks were illegal–the cops can stop you and ask questions, but they can’t make you answer them or detain you if you aren’t at the border. (Though maybe they were close enough to the border that it’s considered a border stop. I think there’ some odd leeway there.)

My impression (IANAL) is why is it not legal for INS to ask someone crossing the border if they are a citizen or not. HOWEVER, notice the lack of passport? I suspect the immigration checkpoint was far from the border. The one I’m familiar with is between San Diego and Los Angeles 67 miles from the border. If he is driving a truck and never left the country and is nowhere near Mexico, I can’t argue that “Go fuck yourself.” isn’t a valid answer to “Are you a US citizen?”

I know this thread’s a little bit old, but i thought i’d post this new video of a sovereign citizen denying her need for a license in Oakland, CA.

The predictable and rather satisfying result is that she gets to walk away, carrying her child seats and other belongings, while her car is towed. :)

No, they will just post screed after blog after Facebook post that their rights, RIGHTS, have been trampled upon.

As if NOT being a US Citizen conferred any rights to them.

“Some people believe with great fervor preposterous things that just happen to coincide with their self-interest.” *Coleman v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue *(7th Cir. 1986), 791 F.2d 68, 69.

Sovereign citizens tried to have a district attorney and several county commissioners arrested in Clayton County, Georgia, by police. Unfortunately, the police failed to do their citizens’ grand jury-ordered duties.

The official website of “carl -alfred: Swensson” (including a copy of his retinal scan)
https://scannedretina.com/carl-alfred-swensson/

Then let them. It has zero net effect on their being subject to the law and at some point it may be useful in showing that they cannot be trusted with issues such as bail, probation, suspended sentences and the like.

You can’t fix stupid. But you can stop catering to it.

Ringleader Of Oregon Occupation Now Trying To Wriggle Out Of Criminal Charges With Crackpot Theories

Preach it!

How about just cutting back the catering to appetizers and crudites?

Someone posted this on another forum, and it was too funny not to share. The Sovereign Citizen view on why names are written in CAPITAL LETTERS in legal documents:

Star Trek TNG tiny crystalline creatures called humans “Ugly bags of mostly water!” I guess they were right.

I have seen this several times and it is always good for a laugh.

I would dearly love to see the sequels: Sovereign Citizen at the Booking Desk, and Sovereign Citizen Meets the Judge.