Moron hillbilly's in bumfuck Virginia

I don’t know, but I’m sure the problem isn’t that it was Arabic. I saw a lot of restaurants in Saudi with signs that had pretty good calligraphy that could have been used to show the complex artistry of the written language used in the Middle East

After seeing all this bold text in here I’m wondering when some teacher is going to get in trouble for revealing the complex, chocolately taste of Ovaltine as drunk in 1950’s America.

Once again, the teacher had no idea that sticking to lessons from the approved textbook would cause so many hissy fits.

We do not consider restaurant signs to be a calligraphy (in fact the calligraphy is not used in restuarant signs) or an art in this sense, so while it might not offend those whose who like to be offended, it would be a very bad way of teaching anyone about the concept or the actual art.

Well then, the teacher is lazy and/or stupid.

Who is “we” in this sentence?

I think Ramira is from or lives in one of the Middle Eastern countries.

So the teacher should go rogue and use whatever textbook she feels like without district approval?

Or maybe in the future they can transcribe some quotes from the Bible into Arabic calligraphy and use those instead. Here’s a fun one:

When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Deutoronomy 7:1-2

:smiley:

As I’m sure you are quite aware, no religious text has a monopoly on scary shit.

This is beyond stupid-it makes absolutely no sense.

So when she uses “we” she is speaking for everyone from or living in that Middle Eastern country?

And you would feel the same if a teacher in bum-fuck Bible belt states decided on her own not to teach some stupid, idiot Intelligent Design lessons, just because the textbook was approved by the school board?

You would rather the teacher disregard any personal thought processes and just teach Intelligent Design simply because it was approved by the school board?

Considering the rather obvious statement she made, I would say “we” would include everyone who know what calligraphy is and what it is/was used for.

I see. And she speaks for everyone who knows what calligraphy is and what it is/was used for?

Do you pick out your clothes with that brain? Do you cross the street alone with that brain?
There is nothing wrong with the textbook or the lessons, the teacher knew what was going to be taught, the students weren’t forced to take the class, and they weren’t forced to profess belief in anything they read or wrote. The problem here is stupid bigotry from ignorant yahoos-nothing more and nothing less.

When someone says ‘We endorse Donald Trump.’, do you actually think they are speaking for the whole of the United States? Stop being obtuse, you know perfectly well what she means.

ETA: Meant for manson1972.

World Geography isn’t a required class?

I don’t know. If you’re so fucking confused about calligraphy, why don’t you look it up on the internet and learn a few things, then come back to us with an informed opinion on the subject?

Actually I don’t know what she means. And if it is not too much trouble, I would like to hear HER answer to what she means by “we” in her sentence.

And if someone were to tell me “We endorse Donald Trump” of course I would want to know what they meant by “we” You wouldn’t?

Well, I wasn’t aware this was the OPINION part of this message board. Wait, let me check…nope it’s not.

And I’m not confused about calligraphy, I simply wanted to know what she meant when she used the word “we”. Not really that hard of a question, not sure why you are getting so worked up.