Most arrogant dating profile

I know of a whole group of women who could meet that criteria -

those who’ve been in prison for a long time.

& just why would someone have had such a long sentence; perhaps guilty of homicide. There you go, start hanging around the parole office. You’re welcome!

“I grew up on the central coast in a large close-knit family.”

Already a red flag appears. Talk about baggage - you could potentially be acquiring a giant-sized Addams Family.

“I’m looking for someone that adores me and my daughter.”

This implies not just someone capable of forming deep emotional attachments, but a person who will do so before even meeting for the first time.

Blech.

I think this is it, actually. On more attentive reading, her only deal killers seem to be unemployment and lying to her. And I would expect lying about kids (or whatever kind of baggage) would indeed be an issue she’s encountered before if she’s done any amount of online dating.

So in the unlikely event anyone cares, disregard what I said above.

Amen! At least they’re quite upfront about what kind of person they are and you can select them out of your potential dating pool. Better to know right away than find out. Like, seriously, how is this working for them? That type of profile was prevalent enough in the mid-2000s when I was dating that my own profile was just a complete piss-take of it, with unrealistic expectations (but obviously sarcastic to the keen reader) and it worked a treat for self-selecting the type of people who I would get along with well, because they caught my humor and had the same attitude towards those obnoxiously self-centered types of profiles.

I too withdraw my comments. I mistakenly took the lawyer/doctor remarks as being part of the actual ad. Mea culpa.

Will say, I don’t have a problem with the quoted text. While some things may trigger preferences (kids, family size as noted above), nothing screams RUN AWAY.

I mean, I would assume an LTR with this woman means an LTR with her kid, and while some men may not want that, others will.

Yeah on re-read and your interpretation, maybe it’s not so bad. It’s just kind of poorly written for me to be sure I understand it correctly.

I guess my confusion is: at 55, most people’s kids are grown and out of the house. Irrelevant. So why is someone with kids a sticking point for her? And why would someone at 55 lie to her about having an ex and kids? Almost everyone at that age has an ex of some sort and kid(s). At 59 I have a grown son (23) who is awesome and independent, and I’ve been in relationships and I’m not at all ashamed of these nor would I hide it.

There is literally no need for confusion. Swipe right, say ‘Hello’, introduce yourself, and say ‘I saw on your profile… my situation is… if this is a deal breaker, just let me know - you seemed to want clarification on this issue at the beginning. :slightly_smiling_face:

I actually did send her a “Hi”, nicely introduced myself, maybe figure out what her deal is. I don’t expect to hear back from Miss Deal Breaker.

There you go!

I truly enjoy meeting new people, finding out about each other, and seeing how we fit in our lives, if at all. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and while I likely haven’t met that special someone, I’ve earned some valuable friendships along the way.

Don’t try fooling yourself and me if you have kids and an ex

I don’t understand what this means. Does it mean she wants a partner with no children and no ex? Or does it mean she doesn’t want someone to lie about it (i.e. claiming to not have children and an ex, but they really do have children or an ex)?

I’m guessing it’s because she is past the age where she can or wants to deal with real children, but she expects you to “adore” her “child” who is probably an unemployed 30-year old leeching off her for free.

… or not.

Actually, her daughter appears to be a high school student. The woman appears to be a high school biology teacher (she labels the classroom photo as “Miss <redacted>'s Biology Classroom”).

I’ve been divorced for 17 years. I’ve had a few medium term relationships in that time. People love to complain about online dating but I’ve had the time of my life. Being a fit, financially secure dude with no kids puts you in a great demographic. I’m 58 and you’d think it would slow down but it’s still crazy and I’m approached by mostly way younger than I am. I’m no Brad Pitt by any stretch but I’ve been reading threads like this for years and I’m baffled why people have so much damn trouble. In shape men with their shit reasonably together can’t be that rare.

How in shape and together are we talking here? I’m lucky if I meet one woman a year.

I’m not ripped but I’m tall and thin and don’t have a beer gut. I own a home in Santa Barbara and retired comfortably at 56. I’ve already strayed too far into being a braggart but there are times that I can’t keep up. I am not conventionally attractive. I look like an aging hippie, young for my age but not excessively so.

I should add that a lot of my “dating” is pretty casual which isn’t what many of you are seeking. On occasion both of us will catch feels and we’ll give something serious a try. I never lie about my intentions ever.

So many people have let themselves go or weren’t successful or had bad luck. Not suffering from any of that plus not being (that much of) an arrogant dick and a healthy libido rises one to the top. Also, I don’t take it too seriously. Of course I get rejected all the time. It’s a numbers game. You have to try.

The ones I see on Facebook Dating are, “I’m a queen (or princess) and deserved to be treated like one, I know my worth!”