Most awesome thrill thing you ever did

I ziplined down some mountains in Tennessee, near the NC border.

Once I got over my fear of heights, the view was breathtaking.

For my 40th birthday a couple years ago I did the SkyJump at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas. All you can hear on the video is me full-on screaming then going “Holy shit! This is fuckin awesome!!”

Walked around the ledge surrounding the entire 34th floor of a downtown Los Angeles office building. After happy hour on Friday night.

Oh yeah, posters upthread reminded me of the time I took my motorcycle up to 140 mph. On US 12, between Coldwater and Jonesville MI, if you are familiar with that road.

Since a PPL does not expire, what happened to yours?

I will add my first solo to this thread… and my first cross-country.

I went bungy jumping in Queenstown, NZ. That was very cool.

I started diving 3m springboard in college, which is maybe a little late to start doing that sort of thing. Successfully completing a new dive was the biggest semi-regular source of adrenaline in my life for a long time. It just hurts so much when you do it wrong!

Oh, I still have the license, but no current medical, etc.

Remembered another one, drove a couple laps of the Nürburgring in a rental car, and hit 130 on the Autobahn.

I once ran a marathon backward, just to see what 2nd place looked like. :smiley:

I think the scariest thrill thing I did was parasail in Mazatlán. At the end I was dangling over some unfinished buildings that all had sharp metallic spires. I was glad to be back on the beach when it was over.

Definitely skydiving. So utterly terrifying the first time and so utterly fabulous every time after.

Mix a young Lieutenant, an Abrams, and a good reason to make several trips without other vehicles in the area. Spice the mixture with a big steep hill on the route and a washout at the base that effectively formed a ramp. No vehicular limits were pushed… no personal risks taken…wouldn’t be prudent… :wink:

By the last attempt to take my 60 ton tank airborne I estimated we hit the ramp at 50-60mph and came off it at least 45 degrees off the horizontal. I’m pretty sure we didn’t get fully off the ground with the back of the track based on the feel. Sadly the ramp was probably too steep for that. It was not too steep to put a seriously major grin on my face.

No - at 75 kts with full left stick I could keep it under marginal control. After I left, CG moved way aft and it went into a flat spin.

No: eject canopy, release belts, roll over the side.

5 or 6 seconds, I’d estimate. I wanted to get well clear to reduce the chance of the empty glider hitting me on its way past.

Yes - no reason not to.

I have two which spring to mind, though I’m definitely not a thrill seeker.

The first was a 111 meter bungee jump over the Zambesi River, to support a friend who wanted to overcome her fear of heights. I don’t have a fear of heights, but it sure does make you feel different, standing on the edge looking down, while they wrap some Holiday Inn hand towels around your ankles for comfort. The fall

The second was going up for a spin and some aerobatics on a friend’s Jet Provost training jet. I needled him a little and mentioned that it sure didn’t feel all that fast so he put it into a dive which ended up about ten meters above the English Chanel; we were literally below the level of some fishing schooner’s masts. I am not ashamed to say I screamed like a little school girl and loved every second of it.

Man, what a ride.