Most *deserved* beating/thrashing in Cinema? (SPOILERS)

Not sure if animated films count but in
A Bug’s Life when

when Hopper is fed to the cute little baby birds I was practically cheering. My then 4-yr-old freaked out though.

Chris W

True Romance, when Patricia Arquette beats the holy living shit out of the hitman trying to kill her. Beautiful, & disturbing.

And I remember going to see The Princess Bride in theaters as a little girl, and the whole theater was on it’s feet in applause when Inigo finally killed the Count. “I want my father back, you son of a bitch.” Woo-hoo!

Blood Simple, when that disgusting, sleazy, vomiting Marty (played by Dan Hedaya), gets offed.

Of course it takes awhile. First he’s shot, then he’s dragged out and buried alive, then whacked with a shovel. He really was a turd, but after awhile you start to feel sorry for him, too.

I’ve got one that’s never shown, just vaugely implied: the scientists in 28 Days Later. After all, it’s unlikely that they could have stopped the first Infected, especially considering later events.

The hitman was played by Tony Soprano himself, James Gandolfini.

Ooh, I forgot all about Blood Simple. To keep with the Coen Bros:

• The Dane in Miller’s Crossing
  • the nihilists in The Big Lebowski

The Patriot

When Heath Leger (son)is taken prison by the redcoats, and Mel gibson (his father), goes after him to free his son and just massacres the redcoats virtually singlehandedly with an indian tomahawk, I was in complete awe over the beauty and barbarity of it.

The creepy perv (Andrew Robinson) in Dirty Harry.

And the beating he gave Patricia Arquette before that is definately the most brutal, realistic beating I’ve ever seen a woman get in a movie.