Most embarassing celebrity endorsement

Maybe the flip side of the American as shill for non-American ads is Rula Lenska! If that wasn’t embarrassing for her, it sure was for me.

I cannot believe no one has mentioned Joe Theisman and him talking openly about “having to go” and his prostate.

After talking smack about Knocked Up I’m surpised she gets that much work. It’s not really a good idea to shit where you eat.

You mean his prostate that’s been giving him fits?

This one has my vote, I do cringe when it comes on.

My family used to collect these in the Seventies and Eighties. We’d cut bad celebrity endorsements out of newspapers and magazines, put them in a box, and periodically take them out and point at them and laugh.

(Yeah, we were a little weird.)

Some pathetic ones that stand out after lo these many decades:

[ul]Vivian Vance, one-time star of I Love Lucy, in a comic-book style cartoon selling coffee.[/ul][ul]Peter Graves, former star of Mission: Impossible, in a bad line drawing shilling for a local HVAC firm.[/ul][ul]Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, pitching a Medigap plan by saying it was something “they really believed in”, right above a disclaimer that said “compensated for their services”.[/ul][ul]Dick Van Patten of Eight is Enough capering with a bear for Showbiz Pizza Place (which soon went bankrupt)[/ul][ul]Bob Hope, in his eighties and richer than Croesus, looking like a total dork in boxing gloves and a sweatshirt that said “Kid Hope”, gushing about how Texaco gas could knock out engine knock.[/ul]

Maybe not. David Letterman used to do the same thing on his “Dumb Ads” bit when he hosted Late Night on NBC.

Well, we always were ahead of our time!

That sounds awesome! Stuff like that would make for a great website.

Which reminds me, they spoofed this on Friends once: Friends: Japanese Lipstick - YouTube

Pete Townshend recommends joining the US Air Force

It’s questionable how much of a celebrity he is, but:

“I’m Chuck Woolery and I’d like to talk to you about catheters.”

The crowning achievement has to be Meat Loaf’s “endorsement” of Mitt Romney during the 2012 presidential campaign. It wins because it was embarrassing for both Mr. Loaf, as well as for Mr. Romney.

I didn’t even click the link but somehow this idea strikes me as being like Ted Bundy advocating hitchhiking.

There’s no mention in the commercial that they have a celebrity endorsing the stuff. :confused: Is Zzzquil trying to hide the fact that it’s Heigl, or do they just assume we all automatically recognize her?