Most fun/addicting video game

I have it for PC. I don’t doubt that they’d either put it out on PSX, PS2, or Dreamcast (if they haven’t already), but none of the other Quake games did well on consol.

Anyway, we’ve got an amazing PC to play it on (all hail the GeForce-2 64-MB graphics card!), so the graphics are insane. I love how you can start it up, pop into a small CTF game, and just start nuking the crap out of the level.

For me, Quake3 is the best game out there.

I also like DrMario, in competition mode.

There’s just something about playing fast that I like.

spoofe –

would that be the ultra 64 meg card or the ddr 64 meg Geforce. I just got a new computer (1Ghz PIII) with an Ultra in it. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Super RType, and MegaMan X(or any MegaMan game for that matter). Most addicting for me. Oh, and both Metroids.

and kinoons:

Jerk…

sk8rixtx, what do you mean both metroids, there are 3? Metriod (NES), Metroid 2: Return of Samus (Game Boy), and Super Metroid (Super Nintendo). And i’ve also heard that they are coming out with one for GameCube.

TETRIS!!!

Would definitely have to be Tetris Attack and Chu Chu Rocket :smiley:

hypergirl, you are so right, I even had tetris on my calculator for a while. Gotta love Texas Instruments, TI-89!

Kitty

Tetris is like heroine. Once you get hooked its painful to stop.

old skool…
Atari: Pitfall, Pac-Man, Galaga
C64: Mail Order Monster
Intellivision: Night-Stalker
8bit Nintendo: Metroid, Castlevania II: Simon’s quest, Dragon Warrior, Kid Icarus, there are just too many
Sega Genesis: Altered Beast.
Super Nintendo: Super Metroid, and Mario All stars (yeah - I know they should be in the 8 bit section too, but they just seemed more fun on the SNES)

Is it just me or do the newer games have less replay value? I’m talking in general, not on a game to game basis. It seems once you’ve beaten the game and seen each of the possible endings with alll the possible secrets found they just lose something. Pac-Man is a challenge any time you play it, but Metal Gear Solid loses it’s edge the 900th time around…

punk snot dead,
broccoli!

Only console games here (no computer at home):

On Super Nintendo, you can’t beat Zelda: A Link to the Past for pure addictive goodness. I must have played it through at least a dozen times.

On Playstation, I was a slavish drone to Syphon Filter (let’s see if I can get through this whole level using nothing but head shots…) and Gran Turismo (I don’t care if it’s 2:00am, I’m not going to bed until I win that Castrol Supra GT prize car). But that was before I fell into the black hole of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, my current number one time-waster (I don’t care if I have to play this level 1,000 times, I’m gonna get that hidden tape on the Phoenix Downhill one of these times, dammit).

Monster Rancher 2 - Raise your monster and teach him to fight other monsters.

I can’t stop playing it. So many different monster types.

Small nitpick : The Legend of Zelda games are adventure games, not RPG’s.

Ack! Almost forgot about Tetris Attack. Talk about a kickass multiplayer game.

Multiplayer on The World IS Not Enough on N64 with expansion RAM is great (u gotta have the expansion pak to turn the detail all the way up). You can have 4 players, but 2 players with 2 AI bots is the best. I played it for hours with my brother today.

I’d have to say, at least for me, that Civilization is the ultimate time waster. I bought it when it first came out, not knowing anything about it. I installed it, and many hours later I revived myself. What the hell just happened? It was only 9 pm when I started, why is the sun rising? Of course, all the sequels and retreads are better, but they’re just an update of the classic.

But for most recent console game, I’d have to say Crazy Taxi does it for me. I mean, I only have to do that much more to get the Crazy license. Just one more try, and that’ll do it, I’m telling you. I’d like to finish this post, but I have to go play Crazy Taxi.