Redefining FALSE in ‘C’? That was almost in the programming standards at a place I used to work. The contractor who drew up the standards stipulated that every program should define BFALSE and BTRUE and use those instead “in case we port to another platform where TRUE and FALSE are different”. And yes, he switched the 0/1 values.
Guess who got to take over all that code when the guy’s contract finished? :smack:
Dumb teachers:
My O-level (that’s 14-16 years old) Physics teacher was telling us all how a vacuum flask worked, and drew on the board a cutaway showing the vacuum between the inner glass skin (“the bit you can see when you look into the neck”) and the outer plastic shell.
I put my hand up, and pointed out that there are two glass skins inside, with the vacuum between them, and that the plastic outer part only serves as protection. He didn’t believe me. I had a flask of coffee with me, so I picked it up and pointed out that you can unscrew the bottom part of the outer case in order to replace the inner vacuum part if it got broken. I started taking the bottom off.
“Don’t do that!” he said, alarmed, “you’ll let all the vacuum out!”
Yes, he was actually a Physics teacher - that was his field.