Most successful siblings (of 3 or more) in sports history

Watching 2 of the 3 Hughes brothers playing for the NJ Devils recently made me consider this question. Quinn, Jack and Luke were all drafted in the top 7 of the NHL draft and off to great starts to their hockey careers, especially Jack. But it’s certainly too soon judge them in historic terms.

Without giving it that much thought, the first that come to mind are the Jones brothers: Arthur played in the NFL for many years. Chandler is an excellent NFL D-lineman, perhaps a couple notches below the all-time greats. And Jon, of course, could be the greatest fighter of all-time.

I’m sure I’ll think of others, but would love for others to chime in.

The all-Alou outfield, Felipe, Mateo and Jesús, should be mentioned.

Damn, beat me to it!

The Watt brothers (J.J, Derek, and T.J.) all played in the NFL, but not nearly as successful as the Alou brothers.

I’ve highlighted the ones that I think are most successful.

NFL:

JJ, TJ, and Derek Watt

Marcus, Isaiah, and Desmond Trufant

Dan, Chris, and Rob Gronkowski

NBA:

The three Antetokounmpo brothers all play in the NBA, but only Giannis is a standout.

MLB:

Joe, Dom, and Vince DiMaggio

Felipe, Matty, and Jesús Alou

Ken Boyer, Clete, and Cloyd Boyer

NHL
Brent, Brian, Darryl, Duane, Rich, and Ron Sutter

Marian, Peter, and Anton Stastny

Kevin, Kelly, and Kip Miller

Barclay, Bob, and Bill Plager

Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared Staal

Beal, Aaron, and Paul Broten

Reggie Miller (NBA) and his sister Cheryl (WNBA) are both Hall of Fame players. Their brother Darrell played 224 games over four seasons in MLB for the Angels, batting .241. Not terrible, not stellar, but maybe two HoF siblings makes up for it?

Williams sisters in tennis. Two all time greats (and Serena is probably the best ever in women’s tennis).

Three or more siblings required.

Chandler (NFL), Arthur (NFL) and Jon (UFC) Jones.

Being a Steelers fan, I can’t believe I forgot this one!

I think that point is arguable, though in the case of the Watts, it’s two of the three who do the “heavy lifting,” success-wise.

The Alous:

• Felipe: 17 year playing career, 286 BA, 3x All-Star; was then an MLB manager for 14 seasons, and won a Manager of the Year award.
  • Matty: 15 year playing career, .307 BA, 2x All-Star, one batting title, one World Series ring for playing in 32 games for the A’s in 1972.
  • Jesus: 15 year playing career, .280 BA, never was an All-Star, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, etc.; he has two World Series rings, though as a part-time player for the A’s in '73 and '74.

The Watts:

• J.J.: 12 year playing career, 5x All-Pro, 5x Pro Bowl, 3x Defensive Player of the Year, 2010s All-Decade Team, led the league in sacks twice.
  • T.J.: 7 year playing career (so far), 3x All-Pro, 5x Pro Bowl, 1x Defensive Player of the Year, led the league in sacks twice.
  • Derek: 7 year playing career; no awards. Unlike his defensive linemen brothers, he played fullback, but was a starter throughout his career.

Named in the second paragraph of the OP, in fact.

Boxing: (all champions at some level):

Dave Jr, Alex, and Matthew Hilton
Koki, Daiki, and Tokmoki Kameda
Rigoberto, Ricardo, Ramon, and Canelo Alvarez
Ricardo, Roberto, and Rene Arrendondo
Joel, Antonio, and Julio Diaz
Paul, Stephen, Liam, and Callum Smith

Ah, shoot. I missed that one.

Not siblings, but three family members deserves an honorable mention.

Cory Philpot played in the Canadian Football League back in the nineties, and now his twin sons, Jalen Philpot and Tyson Philpot, are both playing in the CFL, and doing quite well.

According to pro-football reference, he (Derek Watt) started 20 games out of the 110 games in which he appeared. He has a career total of 71 yards rushing, 178 yards passing, and 3 total touchdowns.

Still, your point is well taken. In both cases, two of the three brothers were quite a bit more successful than the third.

Yeah the Staals and Sutters quite blow me away, but do not, at all, compare to the Hanson Brothers.

Yeah, I misread his line on number of starts. Most NFL teams don’t carry fullbacks on their rosters at all now, and those few fullbacks who are still around are 90% blockers; they catch a few passes, and (even more rarely) carry the ball, so any sorts of basic stats for fullbacks wind up being pretty slim.

His Wiki article also mentions his work on special teams. He did have a total of 61 tackles in his career, certainly worth noting.

I feel like mentioning hockey families in this thread is cheating.

The Guerrero Brothers were one of most successful family acts in professional wrestling history—Chavo Sr, Mando, Hector, and Eddy.