Most utterly bizarre cover version

I can’t find an online version of it, but Big Daddy does a cover of Celine Dion’s theme from “Titanic”, [NB]My Heart Will Go On** that completely blows me away.

They do it as an upbeat, bouncy Elvis Presley number. It’s so completely at odds with the son’s original style and intent that you can hear it several times before it sinks in which song it really is. Then you notice that the background singers are doing things like “Glub, g;lub”, “Drip, drip, goin’ down on a sinkin’ ship” that you missed the first time.

Ladies and gentlemen may I present Wing.
What do I win?

What about the Flying Lizards’ Money?

Paul Anka did an entire album of covers in this vein: Rock Swings. My favorite is his version of “Jump” (originally by Van Halen).

Dammit! Beaten to it again.

How about the Cardigans turning Black Sabbath’s Iron Man into a sugary pop song?

Rolf Harris’s rendition of Stairway definitely trumps my nomination of Dolly Parton’s.

I also add the entire Pat Boone IN A METAL MOOD album.

Well I dunno if she released it, but Shania Twain did a cover of You Shook Me All Night Long in concert.

Oddly, I kinda like it.

I always have to mention my all-time favorite in these “unlikely cover version” threads: the Stranglers’ awesome rave-up version of “Walk On By,” with Hugh Cornwell’s sneering punk vocals and extended “Light My Fire”-style organ and guitar solos, all underpinned by the bass guitar that ate London.

You should get that brain tumor looked at.

Max Raabe did a few interesting covers. Abroad he seems to be known mostly for those although it’s just one album in a twenty-year career.

Video (Youtube):

Sex Bomb

Audio:

We Will Rock You
Oops (I Did It Again)

Your Own Personal Jesus covered by Bomb from San Fran in the 80’s and early 90’s…

I was expecting something more like this.Stairway to Gilligan’s Island

Michael Jackson’s cover of ‘Come Together’ by The Beatles. Sorry, but the original was dead boring.

Not only was that hilarious, it was also musically very good. If Snoop Dogg has heard it, I bet he loves it.

A local radio station once played in order:

A 50s version of Metallica’s Enter Sandman. Mr. Sandman meets Enter Sandman, if you will.
The original Enter Sandman
A bluegrass version of Enter Sandman

It’s the only time I have ever stared open-mouthed at a radio.

Well, I guess it’s not as blasphemous as the Celine Dion version…

But if you’re gonna butcher AC/DC, it’s Hayseed Dixie or nothin’.

Okay. Smoke on the Water done by a Chinese orchestra.

Universality.

I think you spelled “Japanese” wrong. :wink:

A Perfect Circle has a botleg floating around of their live mash-up/cover of The Cure’s Lovesong and Ozzy’s Diary of a Madman. The best part is when he changes the lyrics to “Diarrhea of a mad man…”