Mother seeks vegence for her son

If someone pointed a gun at you are you supposed to be a mind reader and determine that he has no intention of shooting you? If someone is crazy enough to use a gun and the threat of violence to get what they want you should not assume that they are sane enough to be trusted with your life.

The burglar’s family is ridiculous, of course.

But on the other hand, the story reads to me as if she shot the burglar while he was fleeing, which makes it something other than self-defense, I would think.

Americans are not obligated to shoot people. You can always choose not to use a weapon you have.

The problem is that robbers brandishing guns sometimes leave their victims’ bodies on the floor. The concern is a successful theft with YOUR body on the floor rather than the perpetrator’s.

Where can I buy this caffeine?

Up until about three years ago, there were many places that you could buy even kilogram amounts. Stories like this are why the FDA put pressure on the sellers to limit amounts.

You can still buy it in 200mg capsules.

Amazon.

My workout partner puts it in his pre-workout shake.
I just use coffee.

Judging by the reaction of his mother, we’re better off with him out out the gene pool.

I have some of those. If it’s before 3pm, I take one along with an Imitrex. Makes it work better. When I was a teen, and migraine meds were pretty primitive, one that I took if I could catch it in the aura state was made of caffeine and ergot. Had a big warning on the label not to take if you were pregnant. Worked about 50% or the time.

My other med was darvocet, which usually just knocked me out, but I always work up without a headache.

Found out later that if I just drank a really strong cup of tea, and then put lots of ice on my head in the aura state, it worked about 50% of the time as well.

I have severe, chronic migraines and in the decade or so I’ve been dealing with them I have found precisely one medication, prescription or OTC, that is effective as an abortive: Excedrin. Nothing else gives me any relief; not imitrex not fioricet not morphine not anything.

Violetis somewhere around the 65-70th most popular baby girl’s name for the last few years. Except to see some more in the future.

ETA: at least among births in the US.

And no, shouldn’t be charged as the story is presented.

In this case the shooter deserves a reward.

Sad thing is his reward will likely be losing his job for violating Pizza Hut’s policies on employees being armed.

You never know if they will turn around on the way out. That happened in Lansing, MI, while I was living there. The clerk in a convenience store was shot and killed when a robber, on their way out, turned back and shot the clerk down. The clerk was a young married man, with two kids, trying to work and go to college at the same time.

His career will be ruined.

Sounds like the guy was in an unfortunate situation. But nothing justifies committing an armed robbery.

And the circumstances sound like it was justified self-defense to shoot him.

Pizza guys get all the chicks. Sometimes two or three at a time. I’ve seen movies.

Just what I’d expect from this libtard echo chamber, everyone agreeing the robber got what he deserved.

Add me to the list.

If she wants vengance she’ll have to tool-up.

Sure. Charge the guy who killed the robber. Than charge her with attempted robbery. :rolleyes:

The famous “stand your ground” laws don’t allow you to kill people for simply stealing your stuff. If the robber in the OP’s news article had simply dashed into the restaurant and grabbed fistfuls of bills from the register before running out without threatening anybody, I don’t believe it would have been legal to shoot him.

SYG laws only allow deadly force in in situations where you are faced with an imminent threat to your own safety. In the OP’s article, the perp was pointing a loaded gun at people, literally threatening them with death if they didn’t hand over the money - and presenting a credible (if unspoken) threat that they might be killed afterward to prevent them from acting as witnesses against him (this is not an uncommon outcome of strongarm robbery).