Moustachioed Miscreants

OK I think i’m suppose to take that as being condescending.
But again maybe that’s why women are the main users of makeup. Probably not. Just coincidence. Men have the ability to mask facial expression via facial hair, so they use it as such. No science, no magic, no tricks. Just is.

Magnum P.I.? Grizzly Adams? Sipowicz (from “NYPD Blue”)? Dan Fouts? Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter & Mass Murderer?

No…

No they don’t. Men do not use their facial hair to mask facial expression.

That’s just flat out wrong.

You are also wrong when you state

There is no polite way to say it. You are just incorrect, in your sweeping assessment.

No, it’s all true. I sport a medium handlebar moustache. After waxing, I go out and foreclose on homes and tie damsels to railroad tracks. And if I come near grandchildren, I teach them to make fart sounds and funny faces. Beware me! :smiley:

Not only are they miscreants – they want tax breaks!

I have an unkempt / homeless style beard, and am definitely on the “Threatening” end of the scale. That is very appropriate, I figure, since I am quite villainous. This trait is especially true in my “cartooniverse counterpart” , the Dastardly Disruptor – he goes around knocking out scantily-clad superheroines with his enormously-long pinky fingernails! (At my page on the “Deviant Art” website, anyway!)
Seriously, though – in the pre-1960s era, weren’t a lot of villains portrayed as unkempt and unshaven in movies and TV? Nowadays, not so much, I figure…

You of all posters should know that the evil Spock was the one with the goatee…
(Mising from the facial hair link is the goatee-and-mustache, which indicates evil whether it’s Spock or the toy collector in Toy Story 2)

It’s not missing from the chart.

A man with a beard is perhaps too lazy to shave, or he’s on a hockey team that made the playoffs (a select group).

To the OP, perhaps granddaughter noticed the facial hair was after the crime was committed, for the disguise factor.

So why do so many cops have mustaches?

“every cop is a criminal”
-The Rolling Stones

I hope you remember to twirl the tips constantly.

For some, when you enter police academy immediately after high school, moustaches make you look older and more authoritative. I believe most forces forbid beards but allow you to grow a 'stache, so…

Also, I present Pedophile Beards. From the makers of Rapist Glasses.
…This thread can’t be in GQ much longer.

Luka Magnotta
Travis Baumgartner

http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/d/d4/Al-Toy-Story-2-disney-villains-1038318_369_263.jpg

It seems to me this the lines on “bad guy goatee” (which includes mustache) is much thinner line of hair, less full, than the “trustworthy goatee and mustache” on the diagram - the diagram is more like Wolfman Jack good-guy.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Wolfman_Jack_in_1979.jpg/220px-Wolfman_Jack_in_1979.jpg.