Movie/TV franchises you would like to see revisited, and others you don't

I’d love Monster Squad to get a sequel…If Goonies 2 works out, there could be some interest.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Dragnet revival if it were done right; maybe set it in the early sixties between the two previous series. That one they did with Ed O’Neil didn’t “feel” like Dragnet.

I’m surprised MASH hasn’t been touched since AfterMASH ended in 1985 (1986 if you count Trapper John, MD). Could have been interesting to see some of characters sent to Vietnam. Could have been awful too.

I really wanted a sequel to Labyrinth. Call it Escape To The Labyrinth maybe. I even came up with a decent premise to explain it. But without David Bowie there’s no point, so sadly that won’t ever happen.

There has been talk for ten years at least about a sequel to Dark Crystal, but that isn’t advancing any time soon, I guess.

I also wanted a sequel to The Rocketeer, and I’d be okay if they recast and kept it canonical rather than remaking the origin story. Or it could even be a TV series.

On the other hand, I don’t need to see any more King Arthur, Robin Hood, or Three Musketeers revisits anytime soon.

Like to Revisit:
Cloak and Dagger (the one with Henry Thomas and Dabney Coleman)
The Last Starfighter
Herman’s Head (Or did they just do that with Inside Out?)
Close Encounters
Spinal Tap
Leave alone:
All in the Family
MASH
Back To The Future
Romancing The Stone
Crocodile Dundee
Big Trouble in Little China
Wargames

I really liked the movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and would love to see another. Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany did good jobs with the roles and the writing was great.

If we’re talking remakes, I’d like to see a remake of Cujo. The original just couldn’t pull off the “vicious attack” thing right; it’s painfully obvious that the dog is just playing with whoever he’s supposed to be attacking. And modern CGI can make Cujo into the 300-pound monster he was supposed to be.

Brimstone.

The Thin Man. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as Nick and Nora. Not sure if I would want them done as period pieces, or modern-day.

Babylon Five. This time get everybody signed up for five-year contracts. That way you don’t have to re-write major storylines when an actor leaves. You don’t have to rush to get the Shadow War wrapped up in season four, and you aren’t left with a bunch of B-list stories in season five.

Starlost. Set up a big bank account. “Well, Mister Ellison, if you’re so smart, you produce the damn thing!”