Movies so bad ,they became cult .

:o I are a idiot.

I’ve REALLY got to start answering THE questions asked and not what I expected to be asked. :frowning:

THANK YOU! I saw this movie years and years ago (seriously I was maybe 11 or 12?) and had no idea what the name was.

Reefer Madness! (the musical adaptation is great too, based on its own merits)
I personally thought I Accuse My Parents, as seen on MST3K was hilarious, though I don’t know if it has a cult following. In fact, I love all those “lesson/exploitation” movies from the 30s and 40s.

Don’t know if this qualifies as cult, but it should be to fans of the movie Airplane!: Zero Hour!, upon which Airplane! was based is unintentionally hilarious in its own right, not just because of the zingers you anticipate, but because of the cheesy lines that you thought were specifically written for Airplane! but were in fact lifted verbatim from Zero Hour!.

There was a thread recently about The Thing With Two Heads , a movie so stunningly bad that I love it. My husband and I watch it when it’s on TV and laugh through the whole thing.

Another trashy cult film I absolutely love is Valley Of The Dolls. I have every bit of Neely O’Hara’s dialogue memorized and I act it out with the movie. This is a movie that should have midnight showings with audience participation. I’d be there with my straitjacket on!

Maybe not “cult classics”, but two seriously bad movies that are fun to watch are Weird Al Yankovic’s UHF and John Wayne’s The Conqueror. The latter stars the Duke as Gengis Khan. I never realized Gengis Khan was white and spoke with a Texas drawl, but hey, the things you learn from bad movies.

A terrible movie indeed, but it does boast this hilarious moment courtesy of John Cadenhead as car dealer Crazy Ernie.

Anything with Bruce Campbell qualifies.

The man does indeed have a cult following.

You have a weird definition of the word terrible.

Not just bad, but lethal. The Master Speaks: Did John Wayne die of cancer caused by a radioactive movie set? - The Straight Dope

:confused:

Night of the Leapus (giant killer rabbits!) and The Terror of Tiny Town (an all-midget musical cowboy film!) both count I suppose - both are truly terribly bad movies that people only watch specifically because they are bad.

Come on, “Alien”? “The Matrix”? Did you mean to post in the “Popular movies I don’t like” thread? Both are well-made films that excelled at what they set out to accomplish. (For the record, I didn’t care for “The Matrix,” but that doesn’t mean I can’t recognize its merits as a film.)

That’s more like it!

Nonsense. I saw it as a child. It’s bad. The fact that it has such a cool title (“Santa Claus! Martians! vs.!”) makes it even worse. There are countless good movies aimed at kids. Some of them are even great.

You know, with all the movies that should never be remade that are, this one’s just crying out for someone to do it right. That probably means throwing out everything but the title, but it would hardly be the first time that’s happened.

Pretty much any Christian Bale movie not involving Batman, including:Newsies, Pocahontas (yes, he was in this, and if Wikipedia is to be believed, it’s got a cult following, though I’ve never met anyone who liked it, so…), Velvet Goldmine, American Psycho, Equilibrium and Reign of Fire.

Missed the edit window, so I can’t remove American Psycho from the list, since it doesn’t completely apply (it’s a cult movie, but it’s good).

Eraserhead, and another vote for Rocky Horror.

Agree with most of these, but in no way do Better Off Dead and UHF count as bad movies. They are both intended to be simply funny, quirky comedies that didn’t have big initial success, but have grown in popularity by word of mouth since then.

I make a distinction between truly bad movies that have become cult favorites (The Room, Evil Dead 2) and movies that are fun but seem intended, at their inception, to aim for cult status (Bubba-Ho-Tep, Raising Arizona, Army of Darkness).

p.s. As to Better Off Dead, I also enjoy the lesser known (and slightly less fun) other two “Savage Steve Holland 80’s Teen Comedies”: How I Got Into College and One Crazy Summer. Savage Steve is now the co-producer of The Big Bang Theory. He is one of show businesses under apreciated geniuses.

Shock Treatment. And I have to second the musical version of Reefer Madmess.

I like Better off Dead, but I always liked One Crazy Summerbetter. It had the dog from space, a Murray brother, and Bobcat Golthwait stomping on a model community dressed in a “Godzilla” suit. What’s not to love?

Roadhouse…Best worst movie ever.

Dammits! Thats what I came in here to say! :stuck_out_tongue: