Movies so bad ,they became cult .

No love for Maximum Overdrive? Emilio Esteves,killer appliances and an all AC/DC soundtrack, what is there not to like?

The George Lucas movie with the beach ball alien.

Hell Comes to Frogtown and They Live, both starring Roddy Piper.

Troma is good for some cult flicks, e.g. The Toxic Avenger

Except for the stupid fight scene where George (Piper) tries to get Frank to put on the glasses, and the plot hole that in reality the aliens would probably not be so stupid as to only have one broadcast tower, I thought the movie was pretty good.

Gee, I’m sorry. I was going to suggest you say Toxic Avenger, but before I could Strainger came along and mentioned it :mad:.

:smiley:

Good God, man! I thought I was the only person in the world who’d ever seen The Perils of Gwendolyn in the Land of Yik Yak. About the only scene I remember was the underground, topless chariot race, but I do remember thinking it was an unbelievably bad film when I was eleven years old. I can’t believe my parents let me rent it.

You mean the John Carpenter movie with the beach ball alien? It contains more wit and ingenuity than most science-fiction films with 10 times the budget, and it streams for your viewing pleasure here.

Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer are very quotable movies, I don’t consider them bad

BOD;
"Wait a minute, this is SNOW, it’s everywhere! do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?
Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way, turn
You said you didn’t like all the grease from fried bacon, so i boiled it
It’s got raisins in it, you LIKE raisins
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

OCS;
The Cute and Fuzzy Bunny massacre
Gentelmen, prepare to BLOW THE HATCH!
What the hell do they have in that thing!?!
my CAR

Ice Pirates though, that is a great bad movie, the Karate-Robots, the battle through the Time Warp with all participants rapidly aging, and my favorite throwaway gag, the Robot Family getting run over during the motorcycle chase on the planet…

<scene cuts to three robots, a tall robot, a short robot and a ball shaped robot, all held together by a bar running between them>
the first motorcycle runs over the small ball shaped robot, the tall robot plaintively cries BABY!?!?!
moments later, the short robot is run down by the second motorcyclist, the tall robot cries out in obvious distress MOMMY!?!?!?
having lost both family members, the robot now stands in place pivoting from side to side, emitting sad, plaintive cries of Mommy…Baby…Mommy…Baby…Mommy…Baby…Mommy…Baby… until the camera cuts away

“Wolverines!”
Red Dawn** seems to have achieved some type of cultural stickiness, for the below-average flick it is.

And how can anyone hate on Dark Star?

I don’t think they are cult films but they should be:
Starhops
Dr. Detroit
Frankenhooker

Apparently Showgirls now fits into this category.

Also, The Room: Devon Brady —

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. Supposed to be a sequel to Valley of the Dolls, but was found to be too offensive.

Written by Roger Ebert (movie critic) and directed by Russ Meyer (obsessed with big breasts).

One of my favorite movies and people think I’m weird that I like it so much.

Drugs, The Strawberry Alarm Clock, girl bands, murder & every female character has at least a DD chest.

My favorite line in the movie: “You will drink the black sperm of my vengence!”

Who! MADE! WHO!?!

My vote goes to Dragon Wars, which is what would happen if an American child and a Korean child filmed themselves playing with Gi Joes, dragons, sci-fi toys and toy ancient soldiers, and then 20 years later somebody gave them 30 million dollars and they decided to do a remake.

Usually by the time I see these threads, all my choices have been listed, but no Night of the Comet yet?

Also, I don’t believe anyone has mentioned *Cannibal: The Musical *(originally Alferd Packer: The Musical)… produced by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (of South Park fame) and financed by none other than cult classic icon Troma.

I object! We are not a cult.

My post is my cite.

:smiley:

*Earth Girls Are Easy

Xanadu*

Ooh, good one. Incidentally, much like Evil Dead, **Xanadu **has also spawned a musical (link has music). It’s just as roller-skate filled and glittery as you’d expect