movies that gave you the heeebie jeeebies/willies

Man Bites Dog The MOST DISTURBING film I have ever seen.
Its a “Mockumentory” about a psycho killer. The way he casualy murders old women for their pensions, and kills an entire family infront of a child (and then proceeds to chase the kid down and smother him in his own bed) still creeps me out.

That being said, it does have its lighter moments.

The Ring gave me some serious willies. Something about the walk of that chick that just plain seems unnatural. If I saw anyone walking towards me like that in real life, I would shit in my pants and run the other way.

Especially if the first time you see it is on TV at 1:30 in the morning with all the lights out after you’ve already fried your sensory input having watched four other rentals. I will remember for th rest of my life where every dust particle in the room was when the film went to black after the last shot.

By the way, the ultimate creepyfest is the original “Haunting” from 1960.

The creepiest thing about that scene is that one of the asylum inmates is the actor who played Chef Brockett on Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood

Got his name: Don Brockett

most horror movies dont bother me, per se … i can deal with undead / aliens / things that go bump in the night. what does bother me is realisms … like ‘misery’ or ‘geralds game’/‘rose madder’[i know, it isnt a movie, yet] because that stuff can and does happen.

i will admit that there are some absolutely killer horror movies out there, and some scenes that are absolutely enthralling, like in Mario Bava’s ‘maschera del demonio’/‘black sunday’ where this unearthly fog is murking around, and a black coach and four moves through it like something demonic…incredible on a large screen in a dark room!

I’ve yet to see a Bava or Fulci film. : B

I rented The Exorcist the other day. Now THAT’S a creepy movie…

Seconded.

The sleeping bag scene still gives me nightmares. Also, the close-up of The General’s eyes reflecting the fire in the basement…yeeeeesh!!