Movies that make you want to.....

Every time I watch The Sound of Music I feel like making clothing out of my drapes.

you feeling okay, Shirley? i’d think either you’d want to go mountain trekking, break into song at odd moments, or else realize you’re actually watching Gone With The Wind. :smiley:

When we watch SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN, I want to go out and dance in the rain. Well, OK, actually, I want to do that anytime it’s raining anyhow. The movie created a lasting impression.

And when I watch HATARI, I want to go back to Kenya.

So, all of you who get food-cravings from movies, what happens when you watch THE DISCREET CHARM OF THE BOURGEOUSIE ?

C K - I always had to eat Before watching that movie. It’s a disturbingly hilarious flik. :slight_smile:

Whenever I get out of the theater from watching an action flick with chase scenes, I feel an urge to drive very fast… I used to indulge that urge when I was younger and had a sportscar, but now that I’m in my late 30s and drive an SUV, I tend to shake it off.

Bridge Over The River Kwai always gives me momentary incentive to create a scale-model balsa wood bridge, then blow the living hell out of it.

Lawrence of Arabia makes me want to go to the beach, create a scale-model sand castle of Aqaba, then invade it from the beach and blow the living hell out of it.

Let’s not talk about Mr. Smith Goes To Washington.

Not quite related, but every time I watch the Sopranos and they have a scene which involves eating Italian food, I get an immediate craving to whip up a big pot of marinara sauce and make some nice crusty garlic bread. Any kind of pasta would suit me, but I’d prefer rigatoni or linguine to go with the sauce. Hot or sweet Italian sausage with peppers and onions on the side would go nicely, too.

I crave stuff like chili, ham and beans, or cornbread when I watch most westerns.

Pssst - In the Sound of Music, Maria makes the children playclothes out of the nursery drapes. Also makes a very pretty dirndl for herself and everyone matched when singing Do-a-deer.

When I was a kid, I loved the movie Heidi and every time I’d watch it I’d have to eat a big hunk of bread and cheese. I also insisted my mom braid my hair and I actually wished we owned some goats.

Of course, I also thought if I spun around fast enough I’d turn into Wonder Woman…I was a weird child.