Movies that right up until the last 10 minutes had you going..."Nooo.This isn't really happening."

I’m not sure I’m completely clear on what the OP is asking for, but does “Safety Not Guaranteed” fit?

Yes.

I’ll throw in Pi and How To Get Ahead In Advertising.

Oh, and Frailty.

The only thing about Shyamalan that is different from Ed Wood is The Sixth Sense (1999) and even it doesn’t hold up on multiple viewings.

I like Fincher, but The Game is not good.

I confess I enjoyed The Game, weird as it was, but I think the ending would have been much better if when Michael Douglas and the girl get into the car at the end, the camera pulls back and you see two helmeted motorcyclists observing them. Then you hear a burst of radio static and someone says, “Begin Phase 2.” And the cyclists follow the car…

I liked Knight and Day more when I pretended the Tom Cruise character was actually Ethan Hunt from Mission: Impossible having a psychotic break.

Not a movie but the first season of Game of Thrones. No way that’s gonna happen. No way that’s gonna happen in front of his little daughter. No way freakin’ way. Even as the ax was falling on Ned’s neck, I thought something was going to intervene.

After that, I went out and purchased all the books.

These are almost exactly my thoughts on Donnie Darko.

I can’t cite this, but I read at some point that writer/director Richard Kelly didn’t intend for his explanation to be the only one and had wanted fans to come up with their own explanations. That’s certainly what I’d advise people to do, because whatever you can think of on your own, no matter how stupid or riddled with holes, is almost certain to be better and more satisfying than the “official” explanation on the DVD.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I actually allowed the goodwill from the other movies to not make me hate it while I was watching…right up until the end. I was thinking things like “OK, well…that was terrible…but surely there will be an excellent twist explaining what the crystal skulls really are…uh…nope. Aliens. Fuck you Steve, Fuck you George, Fuck yoo Shia, you’re cool Cate, and fuck you Harrison, I’m out

Regarding Miracle Mile some corrections:

1. I don’t think there’s ever supposed to be a question as to whether the call he receives is for real. There’s no reason to think it isn’t.

2. The warheads actually hit, they don’t just streak over the sky. That is why the helicopter crashes.

I loved that movie, seen it a few times.

That is the movie I thought of immediately. I sat there thinking, “But? What? But? Oh it will end ok! What??? Holy what?”

No, I don’t think that one fits. Most of the movie you assume that the dad was psychotic and the demons weren’t real.

No, fuck Cate too and her ridiculous Russian ice queen schtick.

The only redeeming feature of the film is the return of Karen Allen as Marian. Such a good character in such a bad film.

Saw this movie right before bed and had the same thought as you. When the movie ended I couldn’t stop sobbing.

Seriously, any movie that can make a freaking monkey army look stupid is hardly worth watching.

I didn’t really like the film overall, but I don’t have any particular problem with there being aliens in it at the end. Why is that bad?

It happens a little sooner than the last ten minutes, but fairly far into the movie, when you discover that people really are being abducted by aliens in The Forgotten.

Aye, which means that right up until the last 10 minutes you are sitting there going "nooo, this isn’t really happening"only to discover that, as the OP says, “it’s your own skepticism that kept you from believing.”
Frailty fits the bill.

The OP was talking about a movie that seems to be saying something outlandish and you keep thinking there’ll be a twist. Frailty makes you think something conventional and the twist is that it’s actually outlandish. It doesn’t fit the bill.

No, the OP doesn’t say that.