Movies that take place over a few hours

I guess the Back To The Future franchise is RIGHT OUT!

Or is it? :wink:

I just watched Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom last night. Apart from a small flash forward at the end, the entire film takes place during a single recording session.

Wasn’t Night of the Comet basically one night? Nice low budget movie.

Well, that also brings to mind Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Civil War spy is led out to a bridge to be hanged. The rest of the movie plays out in the time that it takes him to drop.

Another one, sort-of: Inception.
First half of the movie plays out over unspecified number of days or maybe weeks or months, establishing a back-story, and the characters spend time designing a plot they intend to carry out.

In the second half of the movie, they carry out their plot, which takes place during an 8-hour airplane flight.

@Ed_Zotti wrote a fabulous review of the movie, which as far as I can tell, is no longer on-line.

Nope. Day 1 - Waiting for the comet. Night 1 - Almost everybody goes away. Day 2 - Comet zombies attack. Night 2 - Cheerleader dreams. Day 3 - The Bad Guys. Night 3 - To the rescue! Day 4 - “Bitchin’, isn’t it?”

Thanks! I hadn’t seen it years, and I remembered it with a more compressed time frame.

21 Bridges
Falling Down
The Breakfast Club
Escape Room
Hotel Mumbai
Fun Size
Hocus Pocus
Happy Death Day/Happy Death Day 2U
Judgment Night & Survive the Night (same premise, same year -1993)