Movies To Rent For Halloween?

OK, everybody knows about the films Halloween, Nightmare On Elm Street and the ilk.

What lesser known scary/horror/thriller films could be fun for Halloween viewing?

My suggestion:

Mother’s Day - a neat little B-horror film from 1980 and you really only have to show the first 5 minutes to get a rousing reaction from your home viewing audience!

28 Days later
Final Destination

Salem’s Lot (the original TV 2-part minsieries). It’s a great, very scary movie that itsn’t even rated R.

Barry

Halloween movies that kids seven and older will enjoy:

The Invisible Man (1933)
Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)
Invaders from Mars (1953)
Invaders from Mars (1986)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
The Halloween Tree (1993)
Scooby-Doo (2002)

I suggested this in the recent bizzare movie thread, but I think it’s worth repeating here…

Eyes Without A Face, an ultra-creepy, stylish British film about a doctor whose daughter had her face ravaged in a car accident. Now he kidnaps young ladies and attempts to remove their faces and graft them onto his daugher’s. I first saw this about a year or two ago, projected onto a mausoleum wall at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, which certainly added to its creepiness, but it’d still be pretty damn creepy at home, I’d bet.

John Carpenter:
Son of Darkness
John Carpenter’s The Thing

David Cronenberg:
eXistenZ
Shivers/They Came From Within

Clive Barker:
Night Breed
Hellraiser

Stuart Gordon:
Reanimator
From Beyond

That should get you thru the evening. :smiley:

I rented a film that is sure to become a Halloween classic. It’s the blood-chilling tale of an innocent girl drawn into a mysterious organization that transforms her entire life. A new “friend” introduces her to a captivating young man with a dark past who rules over a group of scantily clad women. Unable to resist temptation, our heroine joins their ranks and is soon deceiving her parents and indulging in every sort of sin! Drunken debauchery, disobediance, betrayl, lesbianism, and interracial romance!

Okay, so I watched Bend it Like Beckham. I’m just a big sap, really.