Movies where Brad Pitt plays an unlikable villain

Pitt has played some rough and underworld characters in films like Inglorious basterds, killing them softly, fight club, tales from the crypt etc.

But has he played a villain who the audience is supposed to dislike? I’m guessing he did in Kalifornia, but its been years since I saw that so I don’t remember.

He was a creep in Thelma and Louise.

I was coming in to say this exact thing. Not a villain so much as creep.

While he was entertaining in 12 Monkeys, I don’t think it was expected that people would find him likeable.

But it turned out he wasn’t the real villain in that movie.

The Vanisher in Dead Pool 2

da fuk?

Also I never saw Thelma and Louise. I need to check that out.

He played a pretty evil serial killer in ‘Kalifornia’

Remember the guy that was invisible?
When they parachute out of the plane he’s the one that hits the power line. If you watch, right at that second, a picture of Brad Pitt is shown.

ETA, right around the two minute mark…

He wasn’t a good guy in Interview with a Vampire.

I haven’t seen Too Young to Die, a 1990 TV movie, but it sounds like Mr. Pitt plays a very unlikable villain.

[quote=“Joey_P, post:8, topic:851369”]

Remember the guy that was invisible?
When they parachute out of the plane he’s the one that hits the power line. If you watch, right at that second, a picture of Brad Pitt is shown.

ETA, right around the two minute mark…

[/QUOTE]

I know he was in it, but I don’t see how he was unlikable or a bad guy.

Vanisher, we hardly knew ye!

He was the hot romantic vampire with a tortured soul.

He still killed people. And I found his tortured soul ridiculous. If he hated being a vampire, he could have walked into the sun. I actually preferred the sociopathic and evil Lestat.

I wouldn’t even have known this guy was Brad Pitt.

Burn After Reading, although, as I recall, all or nearly all of the characters are fuck-ups. Haven’t seen it in a while.

That’s what was fun about the books if I remember from decades ago. The first one was a slog. Louis was maudlin and hard to like. In the second book Lestat says Louis is a whiny bitch and this is how it really happened.

But we were supposed to like him. Whether we did or not is a different matter (I sort of did, but get the point about him being able to stop himself killing pretty easily).

It’s hard to say that he’s unlikable though. The audience is supposed to find his (and everyone else’s) idiocy endearing in some way I’d say.

I don’t know…does being Edward Norton’s infuriating and destructive alter-ego count?

I know it’s referenced in the OP but it’s not been explored. I’d say there’s at least an argument for his being a villain.