Movies where one good guy picks off a group of bad guys one by one.

Speaking of Payback…I’m reminded also of Man On Fire, which follows that storyline a bit.

Crap!! That’s the one I was coming in here to mention, and I was scrolling though, “I hope it hasn’t been mentioned!”

Double crap!! :smack: :stuck_out_tongue:

S^G

A great example is that Australian classic “Mad Max.”

There is also a Kevin Bacon movie on one of the premium cable channels right now, but I can remember the name. I saw some of it and wasn’t impressed.

The Crow would be a great example of this. Alex is on a mission of vengeance and he works his way through the bad guys one by one.

V for Vendetta is another.

For sufficiently malleable definitions of “Good”, The Professional might qualify. It’s a great movie, regardless.

Shoot 'Em Up (2007)

Se7en. Those stupid ass sinners had it coming!

ETA: For a serious answer, I Spit On Your Grave.

Kiss of the Dragon was essentially this, though it was spread out through Paris in multiple locations.

It’s not a movie, but Without Remorse is about an ex-special forces guy who essentially becomes a serial killer of drug dealers, taking them out one by one. Yes, it’s a Tom Clancy novel, but it may be his best one (since it’s focused more or less on that one central storyline with very little jacking off about the latest military gadgets).

Fantastic movie. It revels in its cheese. About 30 seconds of set up and then boom.

I was watching the mid-east Showtime channel and I stumbled onto a Russian Diehard copy. Looking it up on IMDB they call it Lichnyy nomer. It was pretty well done with some good action. I was amused by the dubbing. Louise Lombard from CSI is the female lead. I hadn’t realized that she was British, she does a great American accent in CSI. In this movie she plays a British reporter. It is obvious that she spoke her lines in English. It was probably then dubbed in Russian. When it was dubbed back to English for the international release they didn’t use her voice. Same thing with John Amos. He had a Raymond Burr/Godzilla-like cameo in his West Wing Navy uniform. It was not his voice coming out of his mouth.

I know I’ll never look at a carrot in quite the same way.

Surviving the game. Rottentomatoes only gives it 25% - I guess it’s not a good movie, but I found it good brainless entertainment

This kind of story is a really old one, dating at least back to WW I, and the film Sergeant York, which is at least a true story.

And I would think the whole Death Wish series with Charles Bronson fits into this type.

Given that we’ve had “Payback” mentioned, it is probably also worth suggesting “Point Blank”, the original version of this movie with Lee Marvin in the lead role, directed by John Boorman. I love that movie - he’s such a forceful presence.

Crankfits the rule. It’s the same idea as Shoot Em Up, but cooler.

Crocodile Dundee II.

Key Largo. Bogie is the good guy, and gets the girl. Yowza.

Fourthed - this movie is hysterical. I’d seen it after I’d seen a number of Clive Owen movies and remarked to Mr. Snicks, “He really needs to make a comedy.” I think this is as close as he’s gonna get.

It’s awesome. Paul Giamatti rules, too.

All the Dirty Harry movies with Clint Eastwood are like that… “Make my day punk”. Loved that character!

And Then There Were None is a more, err, cerebral, take on this theme. Deaths, yes, but not a blow-em-up type of movie.

And Oakie’s comment about "For certain values of ‘good guy’ " also applies here.

Original title: “Hrafninn flýgur”
U.S. title: “Revenge of the Barbarians”

It’s basically Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars, but with Vikings.