Movies which feature cats, but do not actually have cats in the movie

Wow. That was awesome. Of course it’s impossible for us as humans to really know how cats think, but that short certainly hits on a lot of the cat behaviors and (what I imagine to be) cat reactions and motivations. Beautifully animated as well.

OK, all is forgiven.

Wow, someone’s touchy.
I was responding to your suggesting that this is a challenging task (Quoted in my response).

The suggestions given have been either animated cats or jokes, neither of which poses a challenge.

I really don’t see how this is anything other than a request for animated cats and didn’t think your OP clearly communicated intent. In fact, the very first response to the Thread was a response of confusion- and it took a half hour for that response to be posted to begin with.

The request for examples of “Movies which feature cats, but do not actually have cats in the movie” is pretty unnecessarily complicated wording. If it’s Threadshitting to express confusion at a poorly articulated OP, then I guess I’m a Threadshitter. Had you chosen to broaden or rearticulate the discussion in response to my stated confusion, you may have inspired my participation.

Of course, when 1/3 of the responses in a Thread are just the author of the OP responding to his/her own inspired flight of whimsy, I suppose further participation is not needed.

1. Whether or not listing movies that feature nonreal cats is much of a challenge to you or not, it’s more of a challenge than simply listing movies that have cats. Unless of course you are an expert on nonreal cat movies and can list them off the top of your head.

2. The OP was posted late at night, at least from the US Central time zone. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if a thread posted that late didn’t have an immediate response. Plenty of threads have been started without an immediate response with no problem whatsoever in regards to the continuation of the thread during “daylight hours.”

3. I did rearticulate my request in my response to you, and if you really want to be picky, your version of what the thread could have been titled was redundant anyway. If I had asked for animated cats, I might have gotten only animated features and the Garfield movies might be left out, had I not already mentioned them. Now that I think of it, there was another movie with an animated mouse and cat in live action, can’t think of the title right now…

4. Pretty much EVERY GODDAMN THREAD in Cafe Society is a “flight of whimsy” so you tell me exactly how you determine which CS threads are worthy of your attention, Mr or Mrs Serious Thread Responder.

Furthermore, what difference does it make what percentage of responses are from the author of the OP? When did that become some kind of serious factor? That’s why you’re a threadshitter, and if you have ANYTHING more to say about this thread, it had either be in the form of a nonreal cat movie cite, or it had better be a Pit thread about how somehow you have a major problem with this thread.

Stuart Little! That’s what I was thinking of!

“The truth about cats and dogs”, the Uma Thurman film.

I remember a dog, but no cats?

A Porsche, MG and Triumph, but no Jaguar :wink:

Thread parodies belong in the Pit.