Movies whose titles you wish you knew

In the late 50s there was a science-fiction movie about a kid who got a ray gun from a mysterious figrue who told him “It’s your Aladdin’s Lamp.” The kid was orphaned and lived with his grandparents. The kid was goodhearted, unlike another character in the movie–a crooked politician named “Big Bill Watkins.” Although the kid “fired” the ray gun to make the grandfather win a huge pot in a poker game, he also made the grandfather admit to his wife he’d been gambling. And later the kid pointed the ray gun at the blowhard Watkins at a public meeting; Watkins told the horrified audience they were “suckers” and he was going to fleece them. Hwe was promptly desttroyed, of course.
I have not the merest idea of the movie’s title. I wrote to Leonard Maltin and * he* didn’t know.
Can the Teeming Millions help me with this? Thanks very much.

"The Rocket Man (1954)

From the Internet Movie Database:

Wacky complications ensue when a little boy comes into possession of a ray gun that compels anyone caughtin its beam to tell the truth. He uses it to prevent his orphanage from being shut down by creditors and to
help a cute couple fall in love.
http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0047423

Tim
“My hovercraft is full of eels.”

Hey, thanks, Torgo!! I went to that website and found it right away!! * Rocket Man! * :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: