Movies with a cop living at the beach or marina (80's heavy)

I was unaware of that show, probably because I was in elementary school and it was opposite Danny Thomas and Andy Griffith. Thanks!

He was paying housing dues. In fact, there was one episode in which the president of the HOA attempted to evict Rockford under the pretext that Rockford attracted too much trouble when in actuality he wanted to get his hands on some stolen gold that he had buried on Rockford’s trailer site some 50 years previously.

It was one of four series that Warner Brothers produced for ABC set in “exotic” cities (i.e., the Warner Brothers backlot). The others were Bourbon Street Beat (New Orleans), 77 Sunset Strip (Hollywood), and Hawaiian Eye (Honolulu). All had the same formula, which included a catchy theme song.

And his Florida house in Manhunter.

Frank Sinatra played an ex-cop-turned-private investigator who lived on a boat in Tony Rome and Lady In Cement.

Quincy - not a cop but he did solve crimes - lived on a boat

Didn’t Quincy, MD live on a sailboat?

1992 Hardboiled. The undercover cop Alan (Tony Leung) lives on a boat where he folds his paper cranes for all the people he’s been forced to kill to maintain his cover.

In the film Blood Work (2002), Clint Eastwood plays a retired FBI agent who lives on a houseboat.

As a kid I always wanted a houseboat as a kid because McGuver had one. As I recall is was pretty damn big too.

House boats are great! The best part is if you hate your neighbors, you can just weigh anchor and go someplace else.

^ Are you in Witness Protection?

I always had visions of McGuver’s MsGuvered bilge pump crapping out and his boat sinking one dark stormy night.

Tom Selleck again – lives right up against the ocean in all those made for TV Jessie Stone movies.

You take that back! :mad: Macgyver’s Bilge pump is more reliable than the sun, and it purifies the entire ocean as it works.

Bruce Willis lives on a houseboat in that movie where he and Sarah Jessica Parker are river-patrol police in Pittsburgh. It came across more trailer park than glamorous.

I think Mitchell - Joe Don Baker lived in Marina Del Rey… Maybe not
Mitchell!

Mike Kellerman (Reed Diamond) on Homicide: Life on the Street lived on a houseboat in Baltimore. Wrong coast, but there you go.

Didn’t Pep Streebek live in an upstairs apartment at the beach?

In 1980s TV show Simon & Simon, Rick lived on a boat, (in his brother’s back yard).