Movies with a cop living at the beach or marina (80's heavy)

Son of the Beach?

The 1987 Dragnet movie with Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks. Aykroyd was Joe Friday and Hanks played his partner, Pep Streebek.

Simpsons just recently did a “Miami Vice” intro/parody recently. Quite hilarious. Which is seldom seen on the Simpsons lately.

I especially liked the beefed up Flanders with prison-Cape Fear tats.

I liked Riptide.

Similar, but goofier. Their boat was in the water

Sandra Bullock’s character in Murder By Numbers was a cop who lived by herself on a houseboat.

See post 14.

Maybe someone mentioned this, but I didn’t see it earlier, so…Simon and Simon. One of them was living on a house boat at the beginning of the series.

One of the first crime solvers on board a ship (boat) Adventures in Paradise. It had a ship traveling all around the South Pacific (sort of a soggy Route 66.

OK, I seem to remember a John Wayne movie McQ with Wayne living on a house boat in Seattle and cleaning up the police department. I could well be wrong, however.

Another Wayne flick where a cop lived on the water…I seem to remember Wayne’s English partner lived on a house boat on the Thames in Brannigan.

Finally, Dr Who often landed on a beach before setting off to solve any number of crimes.

Just reminded me of The Killing (U.S. version), I think the female cop lead lived in a Seattle houseboat for a bit (owned by a friend or relative?; her home life was a mess).

Well, that or a quarry or an abandoned industrial site :slight_smile:

ISTR he moved from a beachfront trailer.

Post #40.

Dexter Morgan lived mostly in a beach front apartment. He wasn’t technically a cop but he worked for Miami PD.

Didn’t Dexter, the serial-killer crime tech live in an apartment right off the ocean?

And he had an easily accessible boat.

In “Backdraft,” which is mostly about firefighters but it spends a lot of time on arson investigation, Kurt Russell’s grizzled veteran firefighter lives on a boat.

Bruce Willis’ character in Striking Distance lived on a houseboat.
The Mel Gibson “trailer bigger on the inside” was parodied in a Charlie Sheen movie, I think it might have been Hot Shots but am not sure. There’s an exterior shot of him and a girl opening the door of the trailer, cut to interior shot, they step into a ballroom.

You may be thinking of Loaded Weapon. The bad guys shoot up what they think is Emilio Estevez’s trailer but Bruce Willis crawls out and they say “Oops, sorry.”

Spoiler, I guess.