Movies with ONLY music?

Not really. The Magic Flute is a German style opera, and has bits of dialogue (where, in that Bergman version, everyone apparently sounds like the Swedish chef).

Example.

Pink Floyd’s The Wall has very, very little dialogue, and some of it I would consider part of the song.

“Poems, everybody! The laddie reckons himself a poet!”
“Do you remember me? I’m the one from the registry office.”
“Pinky! Get off the line, you bloody idiot!”
“Wow, this place is bigger than our whole apartment.”

Okay, so I guess there’s talking…but not much more than that!

That raises the issue of concert films, such as Stop Making Sense - was there any talking between songs on that?

Also a narrator explaining what each musical performance will be about.

Norman Jewison’s version of “Jesus Christ Superstar”?

The entire run of Chuck Jones Roadrunner cartoons (I think they let them speak after he left Warners). Also, his “High Note

Rhapsody in Rivets.

Allegro non troppo.

IIRC, it has only one word of dialogue.

This doesn’t quite fit the parameters, but there is an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer with almost no dialogue. In the episode Hush, demons magically steal everyone’s voices, so there is very little dialogue throughout the episode. There is a bit a talking at the beginning and the end, and it’s a TV show, so it doesn’t quite meet the guidelines. It’s a great episode though, so I think it’s worth mentioning.

Trivia: the episode “Hush”, with next-to-no dialogue, was nominated for an Emmy in 2000, for “Outstanding Writing.”

Thought of another one, with only very minimal dialog in it:
Jacques Tati’s famous comedy Mr. Hulot’s Holiday. In his next movie, the Oscar-winning Mon Oncle, there is still not much dialog, but more than in Mr. Hulot’s Holiday IIRC.

I was thinking of Hulot, but there is dialog when he registers at the Hotel de Plage (and he says his name very clearly. There’s less dialog in Mon Oncle, and it might fit. His Playtime and Traffic do have dialog, but it’s not really required and there are long stretches where nothing is said.

If anyone was going to beat me to mentioning this movie, it was going to be you. I don’t remember the music either, but Luv Besson’s usual composer, Eric Serra, is listed in the credits.

Most of the Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner series is completely devoid of spoken dialog (they usually hold up signs, which became one of many classic tropes in the series), but there are a couple of notable exceptions:

[ul]
[li]In one cartoon Wile E. says “ouch” after he gets caught in a giant bear trap and walks away like an accordion. In another episode he howls when his tail gets buzzed by a spinning blade that is strapped to his back like a jet-pack to enable flight.[/li][li]In Zip Zip Hooray! two boys are watching the cartoons on TV. One of the boys asks the other why the coyote chases the roadrunner. Wile E. then stops to break the fourth wall (to the boys watching TV, and by extension, to us) and explains in excruciating detail-- complete with charts-- what drives coyotes to pursue roadrunners.[/li][li]In Roadrunner a Go-Go Wile E. Coyote breaks the fourth wall as he analyzes several films of his attempts to capture the roadrunner in hopes of improving his technique (which, of course, he never does).[/li][li]In Hare-Breadth Hurry there is dialog, but it comes from Bugs Bunny, who fills in for the Roadrunner in this one. In all the other Wile E./Bugs Bunny pairings, Bugs is himself and both he and Wile E. have speaking roles.[/li][/ul]

I could be remember incorrectly, but I believe that the Cremaster Cycle movies have no dialogue?

Samsara (a sequel of sorts) could turn up this year.

Latcho Drom

I loved/love K, didn’t rate P too much and was unaware of N.

Must get to see it .

Those were done after Chuck Jones left; Jones adhered the the rule that there be no dialog. The exception were the Coyote/Bugs Bunny cartoons, which weren’t part of the Roadrunner series.

There are several times when a narrator introduces works and there is the time when he calls for the soundtrack to make an appearance on screen and show what various instruments sounds ‘look’ like.

EVITA has no dialogue. Directed by Alan Parker who also directed Pink Floyd’s The Wall and The Commitments and Bugsy Malone.

Jesus Christ Superstar does not have dialogue.