Movies you can't help to see again and again.

I’ve seen these more times than I can count:

Master and Commander, The Bounty, Last Night, Little Miss Sunshine, Pulp Fiction, The Door in the Floor, Top Gun, Brokeback Mountain.

The movies that have just about worn out my DVD player:

The Madness of King George
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
The Princess Bride
The Quiet Man
The Right Stuff
The Lord of the Rings (all of them)
Singin’ in the Rain
The Music Man
Henry V
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Iron Giant
Flushed Away
Enigma
The Shawshank Redemption
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Topsy-Turvy
The Emperor’s New Groove
Young Frankenstein
Der Untergang
The Duellists
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)
The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain
The Incredibles
My Fair Lady
Blazing Saddles

i can’t believe nobody mentioned kalifornia! one of my all-time favorites, with david duchovney, michelle forbes, juliette lewis, and some unknown guy named brad pitt.
slingblade
lonesome dove (annually)
joyeaux noel (kinda lame acting but cool story)
the lives of others
downfall
all the johnny weissmuller tarzan movies
some like it hot

i’ll bet that if they made a movie based on a poem by e.e. cummings, you’d love it.

haha!!

The Wizard of Speed and Time.
The Labyrinth.
Any Harry Potter movie.
The Lord of the Rings.
LadyHawke.
Patton.
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles

Many others.

The Dark Crystal - love it love it love it love it love it. It’s been my favourite movie ever since I was a child and I’ve seen it so many times now I can recite the script.

The Wild Bunch
M
Metropolis
Full Metal Jacket
Barry Lyndon
The Godfather I&II
La Strada
The Seventh Seal

Apollo 13. I love that movie, and Every Single Time I watch it I get a little teary-eyed when they come home safely.

The Shawshank Redemption and The Untouchables are the two that spring to my mind. Good fallback movies.

I think there’s a movie possibility in i sing of Olaf glad and big

1. Band of brothers - Not a movie, but I must’ve watched some of the episodes about 7/8 times. (why we fight,Last episode where the german general gives a speech to his soldiers)

2. Sliver and Basic Instinct - Sharon Stone obsession

3. Great escape

4. Airplane!

5. Forrest Gump

6. Pretty Woman ( Cheesy but such a feel good movie)

7. Dumb and Dumber, Liar Liar , Ace Ventura 1 and 2

My top has to be Little Shop of Horrors. The one starring Rick Moranis, not the one with Jack Nicholson. Let’s just say I’ve seen it enough times to where I could say each sentence from it exactly when they do.

It often pisses off whoever I’m watching it with, though, so I don’t do it very often.
It’s sad Rick Moranis retired from acting. He was a really funny guy.

I don’t do this often, but I love all three LOTR movies.

Mind you, I don’t see them through entirely in one sitting (I have the extended versions! :eek:)

But I’ll watch them hours at a time, and I love them.

The AFI’s top 10 list AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies (10th Anniversary Edition) - Wikipedia includes the first 7, all of which I have seen a number of times and cannot resist turning off if I happen to be channel surfing and find them.
1 Citizen Kane 1941
2 Casablanca 1942
3 The Godfather 1972
4 Gone with the Wind 1939
5 Lawrence of Arabia 1962
6 The Wizard of Oz 1939
7 The Graduate 1967
Other repeat viewers I find myself unable to resist are The Maltese Falcon (Bogart), Godfather II, The Shawshank Redemption, Groundhog Day, Rio Bravo, Unforgiven, LA Confidential.

I’m a purist in that I think the only ones that should count are those that you watched in an actual movie theater!

IOW movies that you really loved, enough to trudge out into the real world and plunk down real money to watch them again and again and again!

For me it would be James Cameron’s Aliens. Went to see it eight times (nine if you count staying for both showings at a drive-in)!!

Midnight Run.

Almost all of the Carry On… series, especially the black and white ones.

The Dirk Bogarde Doctor series.

The Margaret Rutherford Miss Marples.

The Basil Rathbone / Nigel Bruce Sherlock Holmes movies.

Father Came Too!

Goodbye Mr. Chips - the Robert Donat version.

The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw.

Man in the Moon.

Genevieve.

Most films starring Will Hay, with special regard for Oh, Mr. Porter, Ask a Policeman and Where’s That Fire?.

Quite a lot of the Norman Wisdom films.

Too many old British comedy films to fully list.

In that case, there’d be none! If it was just one “again”, it’d only be Angel Heart off my initial list. But I could also add Full Metal Jacket, Videodrome and Enter The Dragon.

Any Charlie Chaplin or Laurel & Hardy films

Its funny that are listing the same dumb movies I put in this category. For me it is movies like Roadhouse and Armaggedon which are just good dumb fun.

In the not dumb category I would put just about all John Ford movies, the Godfathers (even III) and though it is not a movie Band of Brothers.