Mr. Romney, just what in the fuck ARE you responsible for?

Very rude. Very funny.

And all too terribly true.

1. Rich asshole
  2. ???
  3. Profit!

He’s responsible for the mysterious step 2!

Not being snarky at all here: what is the truth about his former and current holdings and when he divested from them? If not too inconvenient, provide a cite for others’ reference.

According to Wiki, he was one of 3 founding partners of Bain Capital.

However, I believe the disputed quote comes from papers files with the SEC circa 1999, which stated that Romney was the “sole shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President” of Bain.

That quote is on the same wiki page.

Rand, where is your information to the contrary?

Perhaps Romney was retroactively never hired by Bain, either.

I just want to point out that Mitt Romney is an anagram for Memory Tint, or if you prefer, Not My Merit. Hee hee :smiley:

A bit of a non sequitur, but here are some fun Willard Mitt Romney anagrams:

Tiny Treadmill Worm
Midwinter Yam Troll

Why do you assume that having money makes your life automatically better? Many rich people have unhappy lives. Money doesn’t get rid of problems, it just brings a different set of problems.

Just taking a wild guess here, I think you know absolutely nothing about Mitt Romney’s level of happiness, and anything you do know is based on a carefully-crafted public persona and has nothing to do with reality.

He vetoed eight clauses of that bill. All eight vetoes were overridden. He’s not running on it because he really was, and is, opposed to it.

I think Rand Rover is arguing that Romney did not forget he ran Bain. Which is true. But “Forget…” in this case is an idiom, if a badly used one.

He’s responsible for saving the auto industry, or at least he’ll take credit for it.

That or Rand buys into the retroactive retirement bullshit.

Yep. He’ll stil be rich and happy regardless of what happens in November. Good for him, he earned it.

Hey look, dinosaurs!

Jesus Horses.

Explain how he earned being born rich.

He was good in a previous life…oh wait, Mormons/Christians don’t believe in reincarnation…

Dang, what was the question, again?

Yeah, don’t you know he resigned retroactively ?!

He opposed the bill he signed into law? Those eight sections were peripheral issues, not the meat of the legislation.

Massachussetts Health Care Reform is far from perfect, but it’s the most important thing Romney did as a politician. Getting it done with a legislature dominated by the opposition was a demonstration of actual leadership. He’s always been a fool not to own it.

No. He’s not even responsible for his fortune. He has always behaved as if the world owed Mitt Romney a living.

Oh! He will earn it in the future, retroactively! But he has to be elected President, so he can be only the greatest POTUS ever, and earn all that money! You wouldn’t want to cheat him out of the chance to legitimize his awesome wealth, wouldja?

[Note to the naive: This is a sarcastic portrayal of a scam argument. Do not vote for Mitt Romney on the theory that he’ll suddenly be a good thing. He will just line his pockets and those of his cronies, BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT HE DOES.]

Rand, even if I were wrong, (Which I am not) what gives you the impression I am purposely lying? I assume this is why you accuse me of hitting below the belt.

Oh, and provide some fucking cites.

I didn’t imply you were lying, I implied you are stupid. Which is further supported by you asjking me for cites that your claims are wrong.

Here’s a hint: how can a person be the sole stockholder of an entity that doesn’t issue stock?