Mrs Magill is now in the unemployment line

Well, the other shoe has finally dropped. My wife’s company has been on the selling block for the last couple of months, and apparently the only bids that came in were insufficent.

The upside is that we finally know something as opposed to the last couple of weeks where we had no idea whether she would have job.

The downside is we know whether or not she’ll still have a job.

We are not too worried, because she received a very generous sevarence package, which include four months of COBRA payments and the equivalence of six month of salary.

She is also very employable, so no worries there either.

I’ve already she should relax for a couple of weeks before ramping up the job search. I don’t think she’s listening. She’s flying up to Charlotte Friday for an interview.

So, ah. What’s new with you all.

Sorry about the employment situation, but by the looks of it you might end up a good bit better off then you were before. As far as my life goes - I just had a slice of thin crust grilled chicken pizza from papa john’s. It was cold but still good. I’m also pondering an SDMB plug-in for firefox, but I don’t know if I have enough motivation. Thats just about it. Anyone else got anything?

Thanks.

I’m still a little annoyed that I had to cancel an interview with BellSouth, since I don’t want to accept a job only to turn around and quit after two weeks.

So when are you guys coming back home? :stuck_out_tongue:

It all depends on when a company in Raleigh desides they want her… Or SAS actually starts looking at the online applications.

Wish her luck in her job search! :slight_smile:

If I may ask, what company did she work for?

Cendian Chemical Logistics