Muammar Gaddafi's female bodyguards

That’s the one I was reading, yes. Hey, absolute power corrupts absolutely is not just a catch-phrase. Now take this out to the limits for any ordinary man.

To my subjective way of thinking, it would be extremely weird to learn that an absolute dictator (masculine variety) did not abuse his rank to obtain sexual pleasure and live a non-monogamous lifestyle.

Raping a bodyguard sounds extremely unwise.

Gaddafi’s Female Bodyguards Found Murdered
NSFW pictures

I read an article in Le Monde about a woman who claims she ran away from his harem. According to her, he would disguise his sex slaves as bodyguards when he was traveling out of the country. There were given very basic weapon training so that they would not look like complete fools, but they were not expected to do any protection. The real bodyguards wore different uniforms. The article is pretty harrowing. Unfortunately, it looks like it’s been moved behind a paywall: Esclave sexuelle de Kadhafi

BMax:

We’ve still got Iran’s Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

Does he have any Bond-villain level eccentricities? I don’t think not wearing a tie really counts.

Nice. If they’re good-looking, they must be stupid sex objects. If they’re actually bodyguards, they must be lesbians. Fighting ignorance indeed.

The latter perhaps not, but the former does make it pretty difficult to be effective at such a career, if you go by the usual western standards that small is beautiful. I know I’d rather have some pretty hefty guards.

Simplico:

A disconnection from reality and seeking nuclear weapons are no longer enough?

Not since “Thunderball.”

Perhaps Vladimir Putin, who in these pictures looks like he’s trying to give the Most Interesting Man in the World a run for his money.

Throughout history, a large number of rulers have been assassinated/overthrown by coups led by the men in their bodyguards or trusted assistants. Perhaps Gadaffi thought this was less likely with an all-female group? Especially likely to seem logical to someone from a somewhat sexist society.

I have no cite, but I would not be stunned with surprise if the article was totally accurate.

From all I’ve read, Hitler, Lenin, Stalin and Pol Pot didn’t. Mao, however, did.

The Google ads at the bottom of this thread are currently displaying:
“Pretty Women From Russia”
“Ship to Libya”
and something about life insurance. A little behind the times, but slightly creepy none the less.

Zombie thread re-revived because even in death Gaddafi’s Bond-villain antics keep surfacing, like old coffins out of a bog-soaked graveyard.

Gaddafi’s Sex Dungeons Revealed

They say that several Roman emperors met their demise because they pissed off the Praetorian Guard. So yeah, you really want to stay on your bodyguards’ good side.