Mundane Personal Accomplishments

I cleaned out my closet, vacuumed too.

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

I found my mother’s blankets, including old quilts and afghans made by my grandmothers. She thought they’d been stolen out of her storage unit last year when it was broken into. But it turns out they were in my guest room (AKA room of boxes we have yet to unpack and, at this rate, probably never will). I also found my big fuzzy tiger slippers, my Sandman graphic novels, my letter from President Reagan that I got when I was in the 4th grade (ok, it was written by a secretary, but I’m sure Mr. Reagan read my letter, right? Right?), and bunches of other stuff I didn’t know I needed until I found it again.

I also got around to scanning some photos of ancestors that I’ve received from cousins and put them on my webpages. Now if only I could find my own photos of ancestors; I need to get them copied and sent to my cousins and put on my webpages, but I’m not sure where they are (that’s what we were really looking for when we found my mothers blankets, my tiger slippers, etc.).

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Muscular Dystrophy Webring

I ate an entire plate of chocolate chip cookies yesterday that my 5 year old daughter made. The thing about it is that I used to manage a Mrs. Fields Cookies in the 80’s and swore on my grave that I’d never, ever again eat a chocolate chip cookie. They just smelled sooooooo good, I couldn’t resist! I guess I shouldn’t swear on my grave too often, uh?

I watched “Kiss Her Goodbye”.

I used to bite my nails till I got braces in junior high school. Then I couldn’t get my nails close enough to my teeth to do the job so I quit by default.

I try not to do things that require willpower. I figure you only get so much in your lifetime, so I’m saving mine till I really need it.

“pluto … a seriously demented but oddly addictive presence here.” – TVeblen

I finished Tuesday’s homework on Saturday.

I actually went to the library to check out a book (something I’ve been meaning to do for the past three months or so!!)

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.”
-H.P. Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu”

I paid off my car! Woohoo!

Right now, I’m busy wading through the mountain of paperwork, fees, standardized tests, fingerprint requests, and other stuff necessary to get into school and get teacher accredidation.

The lovely woman-child Kaa was mercilessly chained to the cruel post of the warrior-chief Beast, with his barbarous tribe now stacking wood at her nubile feet, when the strong, clear voice of the poetic and heroic Handsomas roared, “Flick your Bic, crisp that chick, and you’ll feel my steel through your last meal.”

I managed once again to get away with telling my fiancee that I was going to water the plants outside, without actually doing it.

Tomorrow looks like rain, so when the truth comes out, I can say that I saved water and she should congratulate me.