Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share

When typing the phrase “sucking Indochina in Dickenson”, your fingers cycle upward through the letter rows nine times.

The oldest thing I own: a rock. The newest: a bagel.

Here.

And here.

Last one.

Anybody ever miss the good old days, when you might think, ‘‘Why yes, I WOULD like a new television,’’ and then go out and buy one that seems both attractive and reasonably priced, without a second thought? 9 times out of 10, I’d choose a good product.

Why is it that I no longer can buy ANYTHING without exhaustively researching it on the internet first?

I just want a new cell phone. I saw one I liked in the display store. It’s pretty.

But I can’t just go and GET it, can I?

I mean, I have this fiscal responsibility to be reading all the good and bad reviews and trying to determine whether they are authentic and how much bearing that person’s opinion might have on my own opinion of the product, and what are the odds of it breaking down and price comparisons and…

pant pant pant

It’s unbearably stressful. I researched cell phones for hours last night, and I still have no idea what the better product is–in fact, I am now thoroughly confused and mistrustful of all of them.

I miss the good old days.

This would make a fun thread. I’ll do it if you don’t.

I think “schism” sounds like a word Bill Cosby made up.

TMI, but doesn’t merit it’s own thread. Box clicker beware.

My dachshund Tasha ate my DivaCup. :eek:
I had to make her throw it up. :o
I have to buy a new one. :mad:
I still love my dog. :slight_smile:

I got a professional haircut yesterday for the first time in… well, I never did figure out the answer to that one. I’m a female person with long hair, and other than whacking my own bangs with the scissors or having Mom trim up the split ends, it’s been years.

The haircut is okay. Only one person even noticed. It’s different, but still long.

I once went to the New Jersey State Employment Office and was told to “Go On Welfare.” I said something to the effect of “You’re saying that with everything to do in this world, everything that is required to be made and all the peole who work in the offices and factories and schools and hospitals required to make everything we need to live, all the houses and cars and offices and coffee cups and staplers and files and doghouses and cakes and bread and pretzels and chips…yada, yada, yada for about 15 minutes…that with everything that is required and that can be done and that has to be done, you are telling me that all you can tell me to do is GO ON WELFARE?”

I’ve succeeded a couple of times now in feeding some stray cats in my neighborhood. There are at least three of them and they apparently live in the sewers. I can’t get close to any of them at all. I think someone else in my neighborhood is trying to feed them too, because sometimes I see a bowl sitting by the drain. I wish I could find out who the other person is, and we could do something to really help these cats.

I played Toejam & Earl on the Wii today, co-op mode no less. God I missed that game!

I’ve got the hiccups

anyrose has the hiccups.

In other news, Ruby has a yeast infection from taking an antibiotic for a tooth infection and is getting symptoms of a sinus infection. … should I be calling those infectious disease people? <sigh>

Similarly, my cat [spoiler]pooped in my hoopskirt while I was at a wedding last weekend. I was gone for three days, and he took exception to that, apparently because he either missed me or was dissatisfied with the food level in his bowl.

I also noticed, while contemplating how to clean catshit out of tulle, that somebody had fed him milk while I was gone. How do I know? Because he had diarrhea in my hoopskirt.

However, I’m going to salvage the hoop steel out of the hoopskirt and make a new one. Or maybe a bustle. I haven’t decided yet. I can scrub the steel down with some bleach and it will all be cool.

I still love my cat.[/spoiler]

My coworkers are driving me batty.

I got the results of a professional exam today.

I passed. :slight_smile:

yay.
I donwanna go to work

Yay.

I just got back from work!

(Why am I stalking anyrose in this thread?)

:

:dubious: